Paying for new device on bill

SOLVED
Tammygar
I'm a Contributor Level 1

I have been with Fido since inception almost and today I was so excited to go pick up my new phone in 2 years. Much to my anger, I find out I can no longer pay my upfront phone cost through my billl. This is absolute. No way in the history of ever have I had $1200 to pay off a phone immediately. Half and half? Yes, I could easily do it.

But when I asked to speak to a manager after this shock, I’m told this is the policy to avoid bill shock. So the wrecked it for us good customers. This is how a loyal customer gets treated now. They will do NOTHING to help or even cut the cost in half over a month period. Wow. I don’t even have words for how disappointed I am in Fido right now. 

So no new phone and a very very very unhappy customer.

I have no trust with FIFO any longer. What a betrayal.

Accepted Solution

Re: Paying for new device on bill

Solved by Moderator (inactive) FidoPierre

Hey @Tammygar,

I'm sad to see you feel this way about our change of policy. We’re always working to provide you with a consistent and simplified customer experience. This process is the same as when you activate a new account. Since the invoice is really intended for services as oppose to hardware, the cost of the device is paid upfront, and any connection fee and applicable taxes will go on the next invoice. Payments can be made in store by credit, debit, cash or applicable gift cards. 

View solution in context
2 REPLIES 2
FidoPierre
Moderator (inactive)

Hey @Tammygar,

I'm sad to see you feel this way about our change of policy. We’re always working to provide you with a consistent and simplified customer experience. This process is the same as when you activate a new account. Since the invoice is really intended for services as oppose to hardware, the cost of the device is paid upfront, and any connection fee and applicable taxes will go on the next invoice. Payments can be made in store by credit, debit, cash or applicable gift cards. 

Tammygar
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Yeah your policy is to cover yourself with who experience bill shock, while ppl who have always, ALWAYS paid their devices off thru their bills on time are basically punished. I’ll never have $1200 at one time to buy a new phone so your policy is , and does nothing to help me, it’s for you and you alone. Don’t try to lie and tell me differently. This treats loyal customers like and you know it.