Pay as you go data dropping.

I'm a Participant Level 1 Farmhouse
I'm a Participant Level 1

Pay as you go data dropping.

Ok, this is getting annoying. My wife and I have the iPhone 4. As of late the data keeps dropping. The only way to get it back is to pop the SIM card out or put the phone in and then out of airplane mode.

Call result #1: Power off phone, remove and reinsert SIM card. Power on phone. Told me to buy a new SIM card.

Call result #2: Hope you didn't update to IOS7 (I didn't) Oh, it's a general error that's been going on since Friday.

SINCE FRIDAY?!? 

It would seem it's only an issue with Pay as You Go users, which we both are, but have different accounts.

Their solution right now is to keep putting the phone in and out of Airplane mode. Which is what I've been doing.

This is day #5 of these spotty annoying outages.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 12
I'm a Participant Level 2 sound
I'm a Participant Level 2

Re: Pay as you go data dropping.

I can confirm this behavior, with my Nexus 4. The data drops at precisely 15 minutes (I timed it) after you do the switch to airplane mode on and off. And yes, this was since Friday. I hope someone form Fido can look at this.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 12
I'm a Participant Level 1 TT123

Seeing the same problem with iPhone5.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 12
I'm a Participant Level 2 cefa

Exactly the same is happening to my Samsung S3 since Friday. I'm very disappointed.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 12
I'm a Participant Level 2 aaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I can confirm this too.  Data is not working on my Nexus 4.  The only site that I can connect to is fido.ca but nothing else.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 12
Former Moderator FidoAmandaH
Former Moderator

Hey guys,

The requirement is to have a pay-per-month prepaid voice plan for data and please note that data isn't compatible with: Tethering, Prepaid BlackBerry Add-ons and the LTE network. I have verified that there isn’t a known issue concerning the data on prepaid accounts yet. If ever the cases mentioned above aren’t causing this, please contact us via telephone from a different phone to go through the troubleshooting.

Hope it'll get fixed soon for everyone

Click on the thumbs up image description of the photo to like a post or a fellow member of the community.

And don't forget to click Accept as Solution in the options drop-down menu once you've received the answer you were looking for; it'll help our community grow stronger.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 12
I'm a Participant Level 1 jlow

Me too. Seeing the same problem with iPhone5 since Nov 7.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 7 of 12
I'm a Participant Level 2 aaaaaaaaaaaaaa

@FidoAmanda Is there any ETA on fixing this issue?  It's really annoying.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 8 of 12
I'm a Participant Level 2 cefa

We, many users, have verified that there is an issue concerning the data on prepaid accounts, in my case for a week already. For many of us, not only one or two, data was working well and now it's not. That is telling me that is not a device problem, but a network problem, and since only prepaid users are reporting the issue, the data problem is affecting  prepaid accounts only. I'm wondering is this is another way to force us to move to a montly plan...

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 9 of 12
I'm a Participant Level 2 Mchen

Same here! Will there be a fix? I called fido today and they know nothing about it ... It's getting very annoying
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 10 of 12

I hope fido can see this and fix the issue
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 11 of 12

data dropping

will fido fix the data dropping issue on prepaid data?
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 12 of 12