Paid wrong Fido Account through Bank

SOLVED
juditbra
I'm a Participant Level 2

Hello,

So in october I payed my bill online with my bank account like usually I did in the past year. Everything right untill today when I saw that fido said that I didn't pay the last bill. So I check my bank stament and I did, I payed. 

The thing is that since november my FIDO account is different and I didn't realize. 

So I payed and Now they asking me for that money, that by mistake I payed to a different FIDO account. 

What I have to do? Because I don't want to pay twice?

Thank you

Accepted Solution

Re: Paid wrong Fido Account through Bank

Solved by I'm an Expert Level 2

Hi, I believe what juditbra is trying to say is he/she went to their local bank / financial institution to make a bill payment. juditbra possibly made some account change of some sort that generated a new Account number (also known as BAN) but when he/she went to his/her local financial institution/bank to make a monthly bill payment the teller perhaps had paid the last known account number on file and neglected to check juditbra's bill to confirm the payment would be applied to the correct account number. so basically an error on the part of the financial institution.

now since I am not an employee of Fido, I will give you my best judgement on what to do in this case.  PAY your bill again but this time make the payment to the "correct" account number, keep your bank statement for reference.

Next: Call fido's customer service, make sure you speak to someone in the billing department, tell them your financial institution made an error on their part and applied your last payment to the wrong BAN and you want the funds transferred to the correct account number.  Provided you are the proper account holder on the old account number where the payment was applied to, this "should" easily be capable for them to do in their billing system and when it does, it will show up as a credit on your next invoice once its processed. THey may also feel sorry for you and credit/adjust any late charges which are automatically generated by their internal billing system so you are not penalized for a mistake you did not make.

View solution in context
6 REPLIES 6
FidoMaria
Former Moderator

Hi juditbra & welcome to the Community. Smiley

When you say that it shows that you didn't pay your bill, do you see this on the invoice, or is it reflected on the account balance?

If we received your payment after the bill was issued, it will show on the bill that the balance is past due, but the actual balance would reflect your payment.

Can you check?

I'd also like to let you know, if you need any assistance with your account, you can reach out to us on Facebook or Twitter.

Cheers! Smiley

Paolo
I'm an Expert Level 2

Hi, I believe what juditbra is trying to say is he/she went to their local bank / financial institution to make a bill payment. juditbra possibly made some account change of some sort that generated a new Account number (also known as BAN) but when he/she went to his/her local financial institution/bank to make a monthly bill payment the teller perhaps had paid the last known account number on file and neglected to check juditbra's bill to confirm the payment would be applied to the correct account number. so basically an error on the part of the financial institution.

now since I am not an employee of Fido, I will give you my best judgement on what to do in this case.  PAY your bill again but this time make the payment to the "correct" account number, keep your bank statement for reference.

Next: Call fido's customer service, make sure you speak to someone in the billing department, tell them your financial institution made an error on their part and applied your last payment to the wrong BAN and you want the funds transferred to the correct account number.  Provided you are the proper account holder on the old account number where the payment was applied to, this "should" easily be capable for them to do in their billing system and when it does, it will show up as a credit on your next invoice once its processed. THey may also feel sorry for you and credit/adjust any late charges which are automatically generated by their internal billing system so you are not penalized for a mistake you did not make.

juditbra
I'm a Participant Level 2

thank you Smiley I will do it. 

nick67
I'm Qualified Level 3

Ever since the recent upgrade to the My Account via Fido.ca, my account balance doesn't update. For example, I recently got my monthly email that says Nov 13 monthly statement is $44 due Dec 10. However, my account balance via Fido.ca still says "Account Balance: $0.00... Required payment Nov 9" which is the due date of LAST monthly invoice.

The billing system is right on time as usual, no problem there, but My Account via Fido.ca is not updating the data from your billing system. Please look into this, pretty serious.

Hey nick67.

After your upgrade, did you change your plan as well?

nick67
I'm Qualified Level 3

UPDATE: I got the email Sunday Nov 23, but now (Monday) the account balance is accurate on Fido.ca. So it was just delayed until next business day. All is well; false alarm Smiley