Overusage data text but just signed for 10gb yesterday

littlefeet75
I'm a Participant Level 3

I just signed up yesterday with Fido and I got a text at 2 in the morning that I was $50 over my data...which I am not.  I have 10gb and my account profile says I have 9.9gb left.  I have tried to get through to the call centre but the phone lines aren't working. Any thoughts? I can't use anything but wifi until I get this sorted as it put my account on hold.

5 REPLIES 5
Cawtau
Senior MVP

Hello Littlefeet75,

Welcome to the community!

If it is your first bill, the extra charges might be due to proration. When you start a new contract, your billing cycle usually starts the day after you signed the contract (day 2). On the first day (the day you signed), you will only have access to 1/30th of any allotments in your plan. Accordingly, you will also get charged for 1 day (1/30th of plan rate). However, if you exceeded 1/30th of an allotment that day, you may also get charged for overages. In your case, if you exceeded 333Mb (1/30th of 10Gb) on day 1, you would have been charged for extra data for that day. If you used more than 1Gb yesterday, that would account for your overages ($7/100Mb).  Your first bill will include both your monthly charges and charges for the first day. 

Hope this helps Smiley Happy

Cheers

littlefeet75

it says my billing cycle starts in four days.  How do I get my account reactivated in the meantime

littlefeet75

I looked at the usage thus far on my fido account profile and it was 102mgb.  I have mostly been on wifi. And the test message said I was $50 over in usage. 

Hello again,

Normally, when you receive the $50 overage text, there should be an option to accept additional charges for further data use. However, in this case, you might consider contacting customer service to verify the details of your account before incurring additional charges. Alternatively, you might consider sending a PM to a moderator.

I understand it can be difficult trying to reach customer service at this time as they are very busy with the promotion.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

littlefeet75

Thanks for your help Smiley