Overcharging on plans and fake data useage.

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1
I'm a Participant Level 1

Overcharging on plans and fake data useage.

I was shocked when Fido charged me with a 700$ bill for apparently using 60GB of data within one week of a one month billing cycle. Of which retention kept running me around on hold and not answering. In fact they wouldn't even connect me to the back office because I had used up my "time" and then they sent me to collections because I refused to pay. But I ended up having to pay 400$ or they would cut my phone off making me unable to arrange visits with my son.

I asked if they could show me what I used this apparent data on and they said that information couldn't be accessed. Although one fido representative on the phone told me it was a repeated download of roughly 200 mb, likely a software update that glitched.

I was so scared my phone that I purchased from Fido would do it again I went out and bought a new phone on my own expense. Totalling this to be the most expensive phone provider I've ever been with.

Now every month my bill comes to 95$ a month, not from the a reoccurring fee and I can't seem to locate WHY.

My plan is 65$ a month, where does this extra 30$ come from??

EXPLAIN THIS TO ME FIDO.

Accepted Solution

Re: Overcharging on plans and fake data useage.

Hi Mortensen,

Although we can't see how the data was used precisely (like what websites were visited, videos streamed, etc.) you can go over the amount of KB used each day on the last pages of your invoice, listed under "Data Transmission Details". This can help you figure out on what day the data was used the most. 

To view or print your detailed online bill:

- In the Payment information section on fido.ca, click "View online bill" then select the month you'd like to review

- Click "Download / Print PDF" invoice on the right side 

I'll be sending you a Private Message so we can go over your bill & see what happened exactly. 

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 2
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator
Solution

Re: Overcharging on plans and fake data useage.

Hi Mortensen,

Although we can't see how the data was used precisely (like what websites were visited, videos streamed, etc.) you can go over the amount of KB used each day on the last pages of your invoice, listed under "Data Transmission Details". This can help you figure out on what day the data was used the most. 

To view or print your detailed online bill:

- In the Payment information section on fido.ca, click "View online bill" then select the month you'd like to review

- Click "Download / Print PDF" invoice on the right side 

I'll be sending you a Private Message so we can go over your bill & see what happened exactly. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 2