Overchange amount for going over data limit is not correct

Service interruption

An update for our valued customers: We know you depend on us and on April 19, we let you down - for this we are truly sorry. You won’t be charged for your wireless services that were impacted on Monday, April 19. A credit equivalent to that day's wireless service fee will be applied to your May bill. This will be done automatically & no action is required by you.

Click here to read more

SOLVED
beeboop
I'm a Participant Level 1

Hi Fido,

I got a text message today at 2:33 p.m. from the number 3330 saying I used over $50 worth of data from my monthly plan. However, my data plan covers 2 GB and my contract states that I only pay $10 extra for each 1 GB over usage and I used a total of 2.49 GB so far for this billing period. I talked to a customer support over the phone (at around 3:00 p.m. today) after I got the text message and she confirmed that I have a 2 GB plan and since my plan is an ‘old’ plan, I only pay $10 per extra GB. She also confirmed that I only used up to 2.49 GB 4 hours prior calling her at customer support (i.e., my data usage history was only updated up to at around 11:00 a.m. of today) so she could not say for sure that I didn’t go over 7 GB usage after I called her and she told me to wait until the 4 hours passed from 2:33 p.m. and talk to customer support again. I did not use ANY additional data since 2:33 p.m. today and it still shows I only used 2.49 GB so why am I being charged over $50 when I shouldn’t be?

The customer rep I mentioned above also left a note before I hung up for this case on my profile if we can get in touch.

Thank you.

Accepted Solution

Re: Overchange amount for going over data limit is not correct

Solved by Former Moderator FidoKevin

Hey @beeboop! Welcome to our community forums Smiley

If your overage rate is 10$ per GB and you've only gone over by 2.49GB, you should have an overage of $30, not $50. It's possible you may have received this message by error, I'd really like to look into this with you! I'll send you a PM Smiley

View solution in context
3 REPLIES 3
edhazer
I'm a Participant Level 2

What did you learn FidoKevin?

Because the same thing happened to me. Only I was only over by 110MB.  Nobody has even been able to tell me what my current usage stats are for the last 4 days!   They just say wait until the end of the billing period... really????

Hey @edhazer and thank you for using the Community.

Let's take a look at your account together to check your usage.

I'm sending you a PM now. Talk to you soon Smiley

FidoKevin
Former Moderator

Hey @beeboop! Welcome to our community forums Smiley

If your overage rate is 10$ per GB and you've only gone over by 2.49GB, you should have an overage of $30, not $50. It's possible you may have received this message by error, I'd really like to look into this with you! I'll send you a PM Smiley