Overage fee for the 6GB data plan?

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1 soulsaber
I'm a Participant Level 1

Overage fee for the 6GB data plan?

I am reaching close-ish to 6GB and I still got more than two weeks until the month resets... so how much does it cost when I go over? I can't seem to find this information anywhere.

Accepted Solution

Re: Overage fee for the 6GB data plan?

Please note that there were several 6Go add ons offered over the last years. Some if them had different prices. Call customer service to know which rate do you have.
And no point arguing about the rates, if you got just like OP a high rate when you go over compared to the ones today, well you also get to have an old add on.
You can keep the old 6go,but you going to pay what fido used to charge years ago.
View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 14
Highlighted
I'm a Contributor Level 2 nreeves
I'm a Contributor Level 2

I have encountered this three times now and have tried to discuss with them.  They remain firm on the pricing for overage unless I change plans.  I spend over 10k a year on fido and am sick of being gouged on stuff like this.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 11 of 14
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2 okron1k
I'm a Participant Level 2

A couple years ago I spoke with someone at fido and they switched me from my 6GB plan that had overage charges based on $/KB to $/MB.

I had an earlier 6GB/month plan that they ended up changing, and the fido rep was able to switch me to the newer 6GB plan with better overage charges.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 12 of 14
I'm Qualified Level 1
I'm Qualified Level 1
Solution

Please note that there were several 6Go add ons offered over the last years. Some if them had different prices. Call customer service to know which rate do you have.
And no point arguing about the rates, if you got just like OP a high rate when you go over compared to the ones today, well you also get to have an old add on.
You can keep the old 6go,but you going to pay what fido used to charge years ago.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 13 of 14
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1 mrlark
I'm a Participant Level 1

Nope. Not a typo. It's truly bizarre pricing.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 14 of 14