Overage data charge and other hassles.

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1 chrisunison
I'm a Participant Level 1

Overage data charge and other hassles.

I went over my 1 GB data plan by 220 MB. Do I get charged for the 220 MB i used or do I get charged $10 1GB as soon as I go over? 

Accepted Solution

Re: Overage data charge and other hassles.

Hey @chrisunison ! How are you today? Welcome to our community Smiley

Our plans have different overage rates included in them, the rate of your plan can be found on MyAccount, if you select your phone number by clicking "View billing details" in the "Billings & Payments" tab you can view your service agreement which will include your overage rate.

If your overage rate states that you will be charged 10$ per 1GB you go over, it means that any extra usage of up to 1GB will be 10$, if you exceed 1GB, an other 10$ will be charged as well.

In the example you've given above, if you've gone over by 220MBs, but your overage rate is 10$ per 1GB, you will be charged 10$ extra Smiley

I hope that helps! 

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 2
Former Moderator FidoKevin
Former Moderator
Solution

Re: Overage data charge and other hassles.

Hey @chrisunison ! How are you today? Welcome to our community Smiley

Our plans have different overage rates included in them, the rate of your plan can be found on MyAccount, if you select your phone number by clicking "View billing details" in the "Billings & Payments" tab you can view your service agreement which will include your overage rate.

If your overage rate states that you will be charged 10$ per 1GB you go over, it means that any extra usage of up to 1GB will be 10$, if you exceed 1GB, an other 10$ will be charged as well.

In the example you've given above, if you've gone over by 220MBs, but your overage rate is 10$ per 1GB, you will be charged 10$ extra Smiley

I hope that helps! 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 2