Overage Charges

Overage Charges

Overage Charges

SOLVED
Scott604
I'm a Participant Level 1

Overage Charges

Who do I speak to about getting a charge waived? My data plan has 1.5G and on Jan 3 I got a text saying you've reached your data limit. I checked my usage and it was at 500MB so I figured it was just a mistake. Come billing time I've been charged an extra $40 for over usage. Shouldn't I have gotten a text/email saying that my usage was going back to 500MB from 1.5GB? As far as I was aware the 1.5GB was indefinite and didn't have an expiry date which must've been the end of the year.

I've been on hold for over 30 minutes on the phone and the live chat has been loading for 15 minutes.
Thanks.

Accepted Solution

Re: Overage Charges

Solved by Former Moderator FidoRanya

Hey @Scott604 ,

The notifications you receive by SMS are accurate. If you received an SMS stating you reached your data limit, you should stop using your data or you will be charged.

In terms of the App, there's a delay of up to 12 hours for the usage to reflect, this is also indicated on the application itself. In terms of your bonus expiring, this would have been indicated at the time you received the bonus as well as on the invoice prior to the bonus expiring. Did you review your invoice? 

While it's a good idea to keep an eye on your usage through the App, the SMS notifications are accurate and should be your indicator that you reached your limit.

Don't hesitate if you have other questions! 

View solution in context
3 REPLIES 3
FidoRanya
Former Moderator

Hey @Scott604 ,

The notifications you receive by SMS are accurate. If you received an SMS stating you reached your data limit, you should stop using your data or you will be charged.

In terms of the App, there's a delay of up to 12 hours for the usage to reflect, this is also indicated on the application itself. In terms of your bonus expiring, this would have been indicated at the time you received the bonus as well as on the invoice prior to the bonus expiring. Did you review your invoice? 

While it's a good idea to keep an eye on your usage through the App, the SMS notifications are accurate and should be your indicator that you reached your limit.

Don't hesitate if you have other questions! 

ToxicScott
I'm a Participant Level 2

Now that I look very closely at my bill, that I never look at, it does say that my extra 1GB of data is cancelled on Dec 16 but I didn't cancel it. A simple text saying your extra 1GB of data will end on Dec 16 was all I needed. I guess I'll have to go into a Fido shop to get this resolved as I'm not spending my day waiting on hold.

Hey ToxicScott !

Did you make any changes to your account before Dec 16?

Note that most extra Gb options are promotions so they do expire at some point Smiley

Let us know if anything!