On the verge of cancelling, been with fido for over 20 years

tangentdesign
I'm a Contributor Level 1

I've been with fido for over 20 years. My contract is expiring this month and i've called fido a couple of times and they can't seem to make me an offer for a bring your own phone deal that's halfway decent. Only recently, there was a 10gig for $60 deal. I've been told i can't have that. A couple of weeks ago an agent offered me 5gig for $50. Today, I've been told i can't have that. Agent today said $60 for 6 gig is their best and only offer and basically told take it or leave it. This is the first year I've experienced "there's nothing i can do" from the phone agents. I'm on the verge of leaving Fido and going to Freedom or public mobile where their off the shelf plans are better than Fido's so called retention plans. Can anyone do anything to retain me as a customer? I want something close to the 10gig for $60 deal or I'll take 5gig for less. If this doesn't get resolved asap, I'm moving on and fido is going to lose a long term customer.

5 REPLIES 5
Cawtau
Senior MVP

@tangentdesign wrote:

...I'm on the verge of leaving Fido and going to Freedom or public mobile where their off the shelf plans are better than Fido's so called retention plans....

Hello Tangentdesign,

Welcome to the community!

When you're comparing plans from the different providers, make sure you're comparing similar services. Sometimes lower cost isn't necessarily better...

Are you aware of FM's lack of coverage? They have made improvements to their network, but their coverage is still rather poor in most of the country. As such, their plans are based on Home and Away networks. Their Away allotments are pretty limited.

With regards to PM, are you aware that they are a self-service prepaid provider? In addition, are you aware some of their plans do not include LTE? Are you also aware that their ready-made plans only include Province-wide as opposed to Fido's Canada-wide in-market post-paid options.

Only you can decide whether their services suit your needs. However, sometimes you're just not paying for what you're not getting.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

tangentdesign

actually, I'm asking fido to honour a plan they offered me weeks ago. Or give me a plan close to what they offered the world just over a week ago. I'm leaving if this isn't attended to. I can see the details of what the completion offers and it's good enough for me. Do you want to keep me as a long term customer? 

Hi @tangentdesign!

Were you able to speak to someone? Let me know. Smiley

tangentdesign

no, this is not resolved, please help!

@tangentdesign Sending you a PM!