Old sim card invalid

Old sim card invalid

Old sim card invalid

DogM1
I'm a Participant Level 3

Old sim card invalid

old sim card is invalid?! Got the number directly off the old sim card. How do i activate the new sim card?

112 REPLIES 112
patrickchan
I'm Experienced Level 1

easiest option is to goto store, get an new sim, have the fido people install the sim, and activate the sim, ensure that fido people test out the phone (calling 611, surf on the web).

Jerg
I'm a Participant Level 1

Hi,

I am having the exact same issue. New phone, new SIM card, online SIM number change doesn't recognize anything. Please help.

patrickchan
I'm Experienced Level 1

this happened to me too, my friend have me an unused simcard, i when fido.ca to transfer, nothing happed, i goto the fido store, the staff told me that the card is used. so they gave be an free simcard. 

Hey @Jerg.

I'm sending you a PM to get this looked into.

Talk to you soon.

Canadianbrit22
I'm a Participant Level 2

I am having this same issue, trying to switch from an old fido SIM card and fido phone to new SIM and phone with same company should NOT be this aggravating...

Hey @Canadianbrit22!

We're looking into this with our Fido.ca team! In the meantime I'll send you a PM so we can get that activated for you!

See you there Smiley

HAIYING

Evening there, I just got a new phone from Fido, and need to update a new SIM card, But when I typed the card numbers, it says "that is not the SIM number associated to your phone number. Please try again." I have already tried to cut the old card to fit the new phone but does not work, the mean both of sim cards not work now. and I tried to call Fido support centre but its too late today,Can some one help me with it roght now? Thanks!!

Hey @HAIYING!

I've moved your post to this thread as we're aware of this happening!

I'll send you a PM so we can get your SIM active Smiley

See you there!

ManFong

Having the same problem.

Bought new phone.

Hey @ManFong

Welcome to the Community Smiley 

A PM is coming your way. 

Chat soon! 

biggbonger

Same issue here. Got new phone and want to use the card that came with it. Trying to activate it on the site and says invalid. I'm looking right at the card and entering in the same number over and over again. Now part of the problem is that it doesn't actually say which number is wrong...old or new. But I've done both numbers the same, repeatedly. ( this thread began back in 2017 and this is still an issue for people? No fix in sight?)

Hey @biggbonger,

We're still working on this and we'll make sure to keep everyone updated once it's fixed.

I'll send you a PM asap to help you activate your new SIM.

Chat soon! Smiley

ddeleon3

I'm running into the same issue. With Fido closed, no response on fb messenger I have no way to activate my phone. Any suggestions?

Hey @ddeleon3

We can help, I'll send you a PM in a moment. 

Chat soon! 

ddeleon3

Thanks Pamela!

Any time Smiley 

Marlon11

I have recently upgraded to an iPhone 6 and my phone, along with it's sim card has been sent to me today. I have been trying for the last hour to activate the new sim card but the website keeps sending me a message saying "Sim card is not associated with...". Can someone please help, nobdy has responded to me on the livechat, twitter or facebook messenger. 

Hey @Marlon11

Sorry to learn you're having trouble activating your SIM card. We can definitely help with that. 

I'll send you a PM in a bit so we can take a peek at your account. 

Chat soon! 

Djdryan92

This is pathetic. You can't even provide a basic service of self activating your own SIM card. I entered the correct numbers, it's saying it's invalid... WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS?!??!!?!?!?!?

Hey @Djdryan92

Welcome to the Communtiy!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with our online tools. Our SIM card upgrade option normally works.

You can definitely contact us so we have a look at this with you.

But in this case, we'll can send you a PM so we can get your SIM card activated in no time.