Old retro phone

Old retro phone

Old retro phone

Philo
I'm Helpful Level 1

Old retro phone

locked or unlocked? I've still got an LG chocolate slide from ball park 10 -12 yrs ago. In my 'wildest' I can't imagine fido letting any 'one unlocked device slip thru the icy fingers. By the time we get to talk to someone, most people will be as old as me.... 20 yrs later there's gotta be a better setup than this. Yes, Xmas & New Years, moving a lot of product & signing up many new contracts, but you still gotta take care of the people that have been paying the bills for many yrs.

Any one know re.  the LG chocolate?  Thanks

Actually, I was also thinking of upgrading my LG 4 to possibly a pixel but if you're doing a contract you want to speak with someone. & not get hung out to dry for an hour & half on the phone.

10 REPLIES 10
Philo
I'm Helpful Level 1

I' m not interested in 'moved'  I simply asked about the use of a new sim card .the old 'regular' size for older devices.

Does a Multi-sim work in older devices that previously used the "regular"  sized card. 'Does one size now fit all' That's all I'm asking.

Philo
I'm Helpful Level 1

Ok. I've received an answer.

Thank you  Megan

FidoPamela
Former Moderator

Hey @Philo

If it wasn't unlocked previously, it would still be locked. We'd be happy to check if we can still unlock it for you. 

It's definitely possible to check your options for an upgrade as well. 

For that, you'd simply need to contact us. We can also send you a PM through here if you'd like. Smiley 

Philo
I'm Helpful Level 1

Thanks for the response Pamela

For starters, I'd like to unlock my LG chocolate Model  TG800.

The talk about an upgrade will be upcoming.  I've been with Fido for 20 yrs., and Microcell solutions before they were bought, & we'll be talking.

So, if you could arrange for the 'unlock' I'd appreciate it.

Thanks again,

Ron Logan

FidoAmanda
Former Moderator

Hey Philo!

Thanks for sticking with us throughout the years! It's so great to hear you've been with us for so long! 

Sadly, we've double checked on this for you, and, as much as we would like to, due to a hardware issue, non-Apple devices purchased before 2009 cannot be unlocked. Because this device was released in 2006, it means that it cannot be unlocked.  

Philo
I'm Helpful Level 1

Thanks for the effort.

Now, does a current sim card fit with these older devices, that used "just plain old regular sim cards"

I think I read that they were a 'multi sim' using the older 'regular', & the nano, etc.  etc'?

Pls advise & thank you

Original_Lucy
I'm Qualified Level 1

I use a sim card adapter called Sadapter from amazon. I pop my sim into my old flip phone every once in a while for kayaking or hanging out on the beach in case of emergency. Works amazing. 

If you liked my answer or I solved your problem please click like or solved.

Thanks for the tip, Original_Lucy!

FidoMegan
Former Moderator

@Philo

This device uses a Standard SIM card. These are available with the mutli-SIM card. Smiley

The multi-SIM card format allows you to select which size of SIM card you would like to use, the largest being the standard SIM card size. From the credit card sized pieces of plastic that the SIM card comes attached to, you can break of your SIM card in the size that you need, whether standard, micro or nano. 

Hope this helps!