Old Number/balance transfer to new sim

I'm a Participant Level 2

i've received email confirmation of my activation of a new SIM but it didn't show me that my old number/balance has transferred to it, i'm on a prepaid service, what can be done so i can get my old # transferred?

4 REPLIES 4
I'm an Expert Level 2

Some people often confuse for Activate Sim card with Sim card swap. If  you are already a Fido customer and want to move your service to a NEW sim card, the Best advise I have for you would be to call in (this can not be done online unfortunately) and ask to SWAP your service to a NEW sim card, that way, your account number stays the same, your balance stays the same, your plan stays the same, and you have less things to worry about.  If you have went ahead and activated a NEW Line, with a New Number, you would also be getting a New Billing Account number, and that means any previous interactions you had with Fido under your old account number may not be accessible when you call in,  so they may not know what plan you had 6 months ago, or if you were experiencing technical issues, etc.  So its best to do that but in your case you already went ahead and opened a new number and new line so lets see if the Social Media team can help you do an internal number port so you would get your old number to this line as well see if they can transfer the account balance over to this, its not something they do regularily so you have to be patient and give them time to complete this task.

Former Moderator

Hi there! Welcome to the community!

I'm not entirely sure I follow. Did you get a new SIM card for your existing number or did you activate a brand new prepaid service and now have 2 numbers to your name?

Let us know!

I'm a Participant Level 2

i activated a new sim but originally i wanted to transfer my old fido # to the new sim, confirmation email only stated that sim was active with a new # which was not my old #

Where did you activate the SIM card? Was it through customer care or on Fido.ca?

It seems a new number was activated instead. I'll send you a PM so we can get this sorted out!