Offer for phone upgrade not real?

SOLVED
Ana6
I'm a Participant Level 2

Hi everyone. I'm a Fido customer almost two years. I brought my own phone. I was happy with the service until today. On saturday I called to *611 for upgrade my phone. They offer me a Galaxy 5 neo with 2Gb data a good price. They said that my offer expire on 7days and I got a confirmation number. So I called today for be done. And guess what, they already changed the price for the plans and offer the same but for 10$ more. I discuss with the representative from fido, because it's not fair. I was on time to change it. But she said that nothing could be done. So sad!! Now I wil look for other phone company who stay firm with the promises and respect the clients. 

Accepted Solution

Re: Offer for phone upgrade not real?

Solved by Former Moderator FidoChristina

Hey Ana6!

I get where you're coming from. Our plans and services can change without notice at any time. We're happy to honor an offer made as long as it's still an available option.

We definitely wouldn't want to see you go. I'll send you a PM so we can look into your options Smiley

View solution in context
3 REPLIES 3
antoinr76
I'm a Participant Level 1

Hi, I have been a Fido customer for a long while maybe 3 to 4 years...just now I have log in to my Fido account to see how much data I am at and the details of my bill.  I got curious and tried to see if I can upgrade my phone.  I pressed the upgrade and it gave me options.....which the best option i saw was an Ipone 6s Plus for $ 0 with  2 year agreement on a plan.  I was so excited and went to the closest FIDO store and to my disappointment, what I am seeing on my account is different from what they see.  So I was advised by the store to call CSR and I did.  The same thing.  They say they check all the website related and they dont see what I see.  I even offer them to send them a copy of the picture of the screen or open my fido account but they cant.  This is frustrating bec indirectly the website offers me and my hubby an upgrade to Iphone 6s plus for $0 but in reality it is a FAKE...from the FIDO website.. I am trying to upload the picture of the screen but your site says file too big even if it already a PDF file....nothing is working for me for FIDO...i have to look for another provider that has a dependable website...I should look into my bills maybe you have over charged me and some more customers of yours...I might as well post in my facebook account that your FIDO website for your own customers is a hoax....

FidoPierre
Moderator (inactive)

Hey @antoinr76

This definitely sounds like a strange situation and we wouldn't want to see you leave. I'll send you a PM so we can check this out for you! 

FidoChristina
Former Moderator

Hey Ana6!

I get where you're coming from. Our plans and services can change without notice at any time. We're happy to honor an offer made as long as it's still an available option.

We definitely wouldn't want to see you go. I'll send you a PM so we can look into your options Smiley