OTA UPDATE 4.4.2 Battery Drain and will not enter deep sleep.

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 3 BEADGC
I'm a Participant Level 3

OTA UPDATE 4.4.2 Battery Drain and will not enter deep sleep.

I updated my S4 mini to 4.4.2 and now my battery will not even last 12 hours on minimal use. My phone will not enter deep sleep when screen is off and in the battery stats it is showing Android system as the biggest battery hog as well as Android OS. I have done a factory reset a few times already and still the same issue. Is there a fix for this. It is getting really annoying having to plug my phone in all the time....

Accepted Solution

Re: OTA UPDATE 4.4.2 Battery Drain and will not enter deep sleep.

So I called FIDO and they told me to call Samsung.. Called Samsung and found out that The S4 mini cannot handle the kit kat operating system and thats why it uses so much battery. So now that the OTA update has been done on my phone it cannot be undone and there is nothing I can do. I have to live with the new battery life which is barely half a day if I don't use it... Good thing I switched to this phone because the battery on my last phone did the same thing.

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 2
I'm a Participant Level 3 BEADGC
I'm a Participant Level 3
Solution

Re: OTA UPDATE 4.4.2 Battery Drain and will not enter deep sleep.

So I called FIDO and they told me to call Samsung.. Called Samsung and found out that The S4 mini cannot handle the kit kat operating system and thats why it uses so much battery. So now that the OTA update has been done on my phone it cannot be undone and there is nothing I can do. I have to live with the new battery life which is barely half a day if I don't use it... Good thing I switched to this phone because the battery on my last phone did the same thing.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 2