OH-OH! It seems your old SIM card number is not valid

drut
I'm a Participant Level 2

I just upgraded my phone and when I tried to activate the new SIM card, I received the following message "OH-OH! It seems your old SIM card number is not valid".  I have tripple checked the number, disabled pop up blocker and even tried a different browser.  I did not leave any spaces in the twenty digit number either.  Anyone know what the problem is?

15 REPLIES 15
Lndiver
I'm a Participant Level 1

How helpful is a discussion board if everyone asks the question but there is no answer?  I am having the same issue so is the only way to fix it to call customer service?  I waited for over an hour on hold to even order my phone!

Paolo
I'm an Expert Level 2

It seems this glitch has been going on for a very long time, I sure hope they fix it soon.

jbavecilla

any solution to this? im sure costumer service can fix it but I dont wanna waste my time waiting for a representative. 

Hey @jbavecilla,

Welcome to the Community Smiley

We're still looking into this!

If you still need help activating the SIM card, you can also contact us on Facebook or Twitter here or we can send you a PM through the Community.

Let us know what you prefer Smiley

zl912

Hello,

I'm having the same problem and I am sure I put the right numbers. 

FidoStephen
Community Manager

Hey @zl912, I replied to your PM Smiley

fenosoa

I also have also the exact same problem.

is there anybody at fido to solve the same issue for countless people ?

jojo_65

Hey im having the same problem and its very iratating. I lost my phone, which is why i got another one. How am i supposed to have the old sim card. I also have no access to an active line to call customer service at the moment

Hey @jojo_65!

We can definitely help with that. I'm sending you a PM. 

Talk to you soon Smiley 

I'm sending you a PM @fenosoa.

jlits
I'm Experienced Level 2

@drut

I hope your sim card issue has been resolved! 

drut

Yes, Fido activated it for me.

FidoAmanda
Former Moderator

Hey drut!

It may seem silly, but are you sure that you have the right SIM card?

Is that the same SIM card that you're currently using on that line? If you insert your old SIM card in your phone, are you still able to connect to the network and place/receive calls using the same line on which you're looking to activate your new SIM?

drut

Yes, I thought about inserting the old SIM card in the new phone, but the new one is a nano and the old is a micro, so physically it is impossible.

FidoRanya
Former Moderator

Thanks @drut !

I'll send you a PM so we can look into it Smiley .