Number porting

Number porting

Number porting

SOLVED
moontune
I'm a Contributor Level 2

Number porting

I dont believe it? Ihave had a 416 number for about 20 years and use my cell for business. I changed to Fido just two months ago and it has been ported and working fine. Today I found out the number is unasigned.

If I lose this number I am in trouble as all my contacts from years back have it and its on my websites etc. It has been a day without a business phone. They say they are working on it but not good enough for me.

Accepted Solution

Re: Number porting

Solved by I'm a Contributor Level 2 moontune

Hi Catherine, I finally got a nice chap called Matthew and he sorted it all out for me. I guess there was a glitch with the porting but still cannot understand why the main 416 cell number got dropped yesterday.

I started to panic as I have had that number for over 20 years and a lot of long time customers call me.

Matthew assured me the home phone will be ported and working properly soon. Thanks.

View solution in context
5 REPLIES 5
FidoRanya
Former Moderator

Hey @moontune

Welcome to the Community . 

You were using this number and it stopped working as of today? 

moontune

Yes. I am a new customer and have waited a week for my home phone number to be ported also. (still not ported)  My 416 number has been working for nearly two months and all of a sudden the number has been taken.

Apparently Telus have it back. I will have to call Telus today and go back with them it seems. 

It has just been a farce moving to Fido.

Hey there @moontune

Porting-in a home phone number can sometimes take up to 1 week, in terms of delays. 

Do you recall on what day the "port-in request" was made?

Were you looking to port-in the 416 number, to replace the Fido temporary number?

We can definitely look into this together! Thanks for clarifying what number you'd like to bring over to Fido. 

We'll do everything we can to help here today Smiley

moontune

Hi Catherine, I finally got a nice chap called Matthew and he sorted it all out for me. I guess there was a glitch with the porting but still cannot understand why the main 416 cell number got dropped yesterday.

I started to panic as I have had that number for over 20 years and a lot of long time customers call me.

Matthew assured me the home phone will be ported and working properly soon. Thanks.

So glad to read that Smiley Thanks for keeping us posted!