Not receiving sms from ETS anymore

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1
I'm a Participant Level 1

Not receiving sms from ETS anymore

As of recent, I am not receiving  SMS from Edmonton Transport System (number 31100) for station and bus schedules. My family however, does. This is happening on two different phones (Nokia nad Nexus 4) when I switch the SIM so I know it is not a platform-based issue but probably related to my account or my number.

Accepted Solution

Re: Not receiving sms from ETS anymore

Have you checked with them directly? It's extremely rare that a phone can't receive text messages from a specific number. Try with them first and if they can't resolve in. call Tech. Support. They'll be able to look into this.

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 3
Highlighted
I'm Experienced Level 2
I'm Experienced Level 2
Solution

Have you checked with them directly? It's extremely rare that a phone can't receive text messages from a specific number. Try with them first and if they can't resolve in. call Tech. Support. They'll be able to look into this.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Fido Employee
Fido Employee

@YEGAB wrote:

As of recent, I am not receiving  SMS from Edmonton Transport System (number 31100) for station and bus schedules. My family however, does. This is happening on two different phones (Nokia nad Nexus 4) when I switch the SIM so I know it is not a platform-based issue but probably related to my account or my number.

Hey YEGAB!

Have you been able to find a fix for this?

Also, do you recall ever blocking premium text services recently? This would affect your ability to receive these messages as they are being sent from a short code.

Keep us posted!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 3