Not receiving cell broadcast

jwalk
I'm a Participant Level 3

I've been staying with family in an area that has recently received tornado, flash flood and severe storm warnings. I've noticed that my relatives' devices have been getting cell broadcast alerts but I'm not (despite it being turned on via Messages Settings).

I've considered this could be because I'm in the US and on AT&T but relatives usually on the Rogers Wireless network that are now also on AT&T are getting the alerts.

My data is also turned off because I'm not roaming but I doubt that's the culprit here.

I'm on a Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
FidoPierre

Hey @jwalk

Do you know if the relatives that are receiving these alerts have their data enabled due to some roaming option they might have activated with their provider?

jwalk

@FidoPierre

I asked and the one in question says his data is off completely.

@jwalk

Do you know if this relative had to opt-in to these services by receiving an original message from the city you are located in, a message asking permission to send text messages with updates pertaining to these storm warnings?

jwalk

@FidoPierre

No, none of them say they needed to opt into anything.

Thanks for the help so far.

@jwalk it's always a pleasure to help! However I was not able to find anything on our side that would have interrupted these messages. 

@Community does anyone have more information about Cell Broadcast Alerts for storm warnings?

jwalk

@FidoPierre

I don't know if it matters but they are all on iOS. Not sure if there's a different setup on iPhones.

For now I'll just assume it's because I'm in the US. Maybe it just doesn't work out of Canada.
FidoRanya
Former Moderator

The set up shouldn't impact the reception of the messages! 

Keep us posted if this happens again or you figure out why it occured ! We're curious.