Not all text messages are coming through on iPhone 8 Plus

marmurie
I'm a Participant Level 2

I recently switched from Samsung 6 to iPhone 8 Plus. I am not receiving all text messages. It's totally random. It's causing me huge grief as I need to login to online software at work that requires a pin to be sent by text to my phone. I checked with my colleagues and everyone is getting their pin but me. I tried hard rebooting the phone and playing with a bunch of the settings. Nothing works. Anyone else having this issue?

6 REPLIES 6
FidoPamela
Former Moderator

Hey marmurie!

That's odd! Is the issue only with short codes sending you a PIN by text message or with regular cellphone numbers as well?

Also, were you using a third party application for text messages on your previous phone or the regular texting app?

marmurie

It appears to only be with short codes sending me PIN by text messages. I was not using a third party application for text messages on my previous phone. Just the regular texting app. 

Hey @marmurie

Are you still experiencing difficulties with the SMS coming from shortcodes?

Let me know! 

marmurie

I got my software provider to remove the SMS authentification on my account so I can get back in. I don't know if it's resolved but I will avoid 2 factor authentification with SMS moving forward. 

Hey @marmurie,

I'm happy to learn that you were able to find an alternative solution to this!

If the issue persists and would like us to look into ir with you further, don't hesitate to let us know and we'll send you a PM right here Smiley

Do you know if the shortcode is authorized? You can take a peek at all the shortcodes from which you can receive messages right here - txt.ca

Let me know!