Not able to receive messages from Amazon

SOLVED
harjot_gaba
I'm a Participant Level 1

Hello folks

I want verification code from Amazon which comes from number 262966 but I am not able to receive that message on my fido number. This problem was not coming earlier when i was using my Virgin number. This problem started When i port my number to fide two days back. 

Can anyone give me solution for this problem??

Accepted Solution

Re: Not able to receive messages from Amazon

Solved by Moderator

Hey @harjot_gaba,

Welcome to our Community Smiley

As previously discussed on Facebook, our Technical Support is looking into this and you'll be notified by SMS once we have more details.

Let us know if you need anything else in the meantime.

View solution in context
2 REPLIES 2
Cawtau
Senior MVP

Hello Harjot_gaba,

Welcome to the community!

Unfortunately, it appears that short code is for the US only:

The short code 262966 is used by Amazon.com to send automated text notifications (U.S. only). ~ taken from here.

I understand you previously were able to receive them when you were with Virgin Mobile. That's interesting since Virgin Mobile Canada's parent company, Bell Canada, is not listed as a carrier which supports the service. Virgin Mobile in the US is owned by Sprint. Perhaps it was one of their member benefits?

In addition, it is not listed as a current short code for use in Canada (see here).

**edit** My apologies, it is listed as a current short code for Canada (I previously didn't scroll down far enough)**

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

FidoClaudia

Hey @harjot_gaba,

Welcome to our Community Smiley

As previously discussed on Facebook, our Technical Support is looking into this and you'll be notified by SMS once we have more details.

Let us know if you need anything else in the meantime.