Not able to continue with Phone purchase online

Matt04
I'm a Contributor Level 1

After selecting the device, I am not able to continue without selecting, "ADD" a plan. I already have a plan eligible to purchase a phone, why do I need to select a plan which would cost more money and has no attractive plans on it? 

You seriously need to reconsider the process flow to purchase a phone. Not happy at all. Is this because , you want all customers to pay a $35 to your store, for douing nothing? 

Note: Even if you select a plan to continue with the purchase, it throws an error asking you to call customer support and ofcpourtse customer support is always busy!!

9 REPLIES 9
FidoJulien
Moderator (inactive)

Hey @Matt04

I'm sorry to learn that you're having trouble ordering a phone online.  Are you sure the plan you have right now is compatible with the phone you're getting?

I'll send you a PM so we can take a look at this together.  Talk to you soon!

Matt04

Yes. I have upgraded my plan to medium and was trying to purchase then. 

FidoJulien
Moderator (inactive)

We'll be happy to take a look at this with you @Matt04.  You just need to reply to the PM I sent you! Smiley

Matt04

@FidoJulien I'm not sure if your PM takes some time to come into my message folder, does it? I don't see any message as of now.

FidoJulien
Moderator (inactive)

You should have received it already.  It's from FidoSolutions though, not from me.  Let me know if you don't see it and I'll send another one! Smiley

Matt04

@FidoJulien I don't see it. I tried to add a sceen shot, however it isn't working

https://www.screencast.com/t/P9fibEo4Ef

Just curious, do you have any kind of services that acts fast? Why is it taking an hour long to post a reply? I know it is easy to go to a store to get a respinse fast, but they charge $35 as some kind od setup fee. That is not a good customer service. Your Tollfree customer support and the Validation team is always busy and never attend the call.  

FidoJo
Former Moderator

Hey @Matt04

We appreciate your patience, we do our best to get back to everyone as soon as possible. 

I assure you that we regularly review fees associated with our services. The 35$ Transaction fee helps cover the cost associated with activating a new device on our network.

We sent you a PM Monday , let's continue there🙂

Matt04

@FidoJo Just curious, what exactly do you mean by activating phone in your network? What kind of process are you referring?  How could a person who buy a phone online,  activate their new phone? 

The transaction fee is charged with new activations and hardware upgrades done in-store or via customer care @Matt04 and as mentioned the fee helps us cover costs for processing the order and getting it set up on the network.

There are also benefits to activating in-store or with a rep via customer care. Those include:

- We setup your device which includes a full demonstration of your new device. (in-store)

- We will explain all of the self-serve options available to you through Fido My Account.

- We will show you all of the added benefits of the value added services Fido offers. These include Fido Roam, Fido XTRA and Premium Device Protection.

- We will walk you through your first bill and what you can expect.

We do understand though that some customers may want to avoid the fee and for this reason, we currently have an offer to waive this one-time fee for customers who order their device online through self-serve only.

Hope this helps Smiley