Not able to call on my second number

avigajja
I'm a Contributor Level 1

I am suffering a serious problem since Nov 2016, i have 2 lines with Fido, since Nov 2016 , most of the times i am not able to call on my second number. i spoke to the call center agent thousands of times, they have no idea how to solve this issue. They always say do this... do that but in the end no solutions. They shows that they are resolving an issue but some result. One agent told me chnage your device, i did, but same result.  i have to use my data plan to call my another number, loosing more and more data everyday

I AM GIVE UP WITH FIDO.... I AM JUST FAD UP WITH FIDO...... IT'S FRAUD COMPANY...

for paymnet they call thousands of times.....why should i pay you.... just for this

20 REPLIES 20
avigajja

BEAWRE OF FIDO

After discussing with FIDO from last 2 mothns, they did nothing, FIDO just passing there time, asking same and same questions 1000 times.

Now finally, FIDO pass the ball to phone manufacturing company. Now i have to contact Phone manufacturing compnay. FIDO said its not there fault. Go to Phone compnay. 

SInce the begining FIDO didn't done there job properly, so for that they are not going to suffer, its my problem now. i have to pay to repair my phone. its not a FIDO fault.

WELL DONE FIDO........  YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME....YOU NOW HOW TO PLAY WITH CUSTOMERS...FIDO FILL THERE POCKET ...NOW THEY DON'T CARE .... TO HELL WITH THE CUSTOMERS....

WORLD MOST PHATHETIC COMPANY I EVER SEEN....PLEASE PLEASE BEAWARE OF 

FIDO

Sorry to hear you feel this way, @avigajja. We will continue the conversation through PM.

Thanks. 

avigajja

Please don't say sorry...its not your fault its my fault that i choose FIDO... i swear to god next time i will be cearful with FIDO....

I AM SORRY TO CHOOSE FIDO.... ITS ALL MY FAULT

Cawtau
Senior MVP

Hello Avigajja,

Welcome to the community!

I understand your frustration, and I know you feel like you've explained your problem numerous times. While there is no 100% solution, without understanding the problem fully, there won't be any possibility of a solution. Rest assured, though, no one wants to waste your time. Please bear with these questions...

You note you have 2 lines with Fido. I gather one is a phone plan and the other a data-only plan. What phones/devices are you using? Did you purchase them from Fido? If not, have you verified that they are compatible with the networks? You can verify the bands/frequencies here. For simplicity's sake, can we refer to your lines by A (phone) and B (data-only)?

What do you mean by 'not able to call on my second number'? I assume you're referring to not being able to call A. In your second post, you mentioned that it goes straight to voicemail. Does that happen with every phone you try to call it from, or some of them? Are you able to make calls using A?

@avigajja wrote:

... i have to use my data plan to call my another number, loosing more and more data everyday... 

Does that mean you can use B to call A successfully? To clarify, though, making/receiving calls on a data-only plan does not use data. That said, there would be additional charges for making/receiving calls. The rates are $1 per minute for calls and Long Distance (LD) at 45¢ per minute within Canada (see here).

You noted in your second post that you're now getting very weak signal on A. Are you also getting weak signal on B? Are you able to determine to which network phone A is connected? How about B? Are either of them capable of LTE? If they are LTE-capable, it can be normal for the signal to be lower when the devices are standing-by on the LTE network. However, with the exception of voice-over-LTE (voLTE), voice calls can only be made on the 2G and/or '3G' networks so the phones would have to switch networks. If you make a call using A, does the signal strength change? Have you tried to disable LTE on A?

Are you having the same issues everywhere? Is it possible that your location is not adequately covered by the Fido/Rogers network? I understand the coverage map may indicate your area is covered, however, that map is not necessarily accurate. I tend to prefer trying to ascertain my location relative to the towers. You can view the location of your surrounding towers here

Even if there are Fido/Rogers cellular towers in your area, the nature of mobile phones is that they are dependent on cellular signals reaching the phones. Many factors can affect those signals from reaching the phones-- including proximity to cellular towers and interference caused by obstructions between the cellular and the device (see here). Since you noticed a decrease in signal recently, it's possible that there has been increased interference (ie possibly new building construction) between the cellular tower(s) and your location.

Hope this helps Smiley Happy

Cheers

avigajja

You note you have 2 lines with Fido. I gather one is a phone plan and the other a data-only plan. What phones/devices are you using? Did you purchase them from Fido? If not, have you verified that they are compatible with the networks? You can verify the bands/frequencies here. For simplicity's sake, can we refer to your lines by A (phone) and B (data-only)?

I have 2 lines means i have 2 fido number (Phone Plan + data plan). one is with 514 number  and second is 438 number. I never stated that i have 1 phone number and 1 data plan only. It's seems you didn't understand and never checked with your customert service depatment. 

I am using Samsung S7 Edge on 514 number and on 438 number i am using LG G4, both is purchsed by FIDO shop at PLAZA COTE DES NEIGES, MONTREAL, H3S2A9 .

From 438 phone plan i can receive call on 514 phone plan. but when i try to call from 514 (Phone Plan) to 438 (Phone plan), call always go in voice mail. It's happen only with 514 (phone plan) number. with rest of the call from other persons its working fine with 438 (Phone plan) number.

Does that mean you can use B to call A successfully? To clarify, though, making/receiving calls on a data-only plan does not use data. That said, there would be additional charges for making/receiving calls. The rates are $1 per minute for calls and Long Distance (LD) at 45¢ per minute within Canada 

Caling means on 514 (Phone plan) i have data plan too, to call on 438 number i am using whatsapp application to call 438 number, on which i installed whatsapp application too. When ever i am calling using whatsapp application i am turn on by data plan so i can make an call to 438 number . Thta's why i am looseing my data eveytime.

You noted in your second post that you're now getting very weak signal on A. Are you also getting weak signal on B? Are you able to determine to which network phone A is connected? How about B? Are either of them capable of LTE? If they are LTE-capable, it can be normal for the signal to be lower when the devices are standing-by on the LTE network. However, with the exception of voice-over-LTE (voLTE), voice calls can only be made on the 2G and/or '3G' networks so the phones would have to switch networks. If you make a call using A, does the signal strength change? Have you tried to disable LTE on A?

I am getting weak singal on 438 number at my home, if signal is low on phone (A) how could i get strong singal on data (B). Both is capable of LTE. Signal is not change whether i use phone plan (A) or Data Plan (B). in both the case signal is always weak.

Are you having the same issues everywhere? Is it possible that your location is not adequately covered by the Fido/Rogers network? I understand the coverage map may indicate your area is covered, however, that map is not necessarily accurate. I tend to prefer trying to ascertain my location relative to the towers

i have this issue everywhere, specially at my home.if my location is not adequately covered by fido network, then how come since november to July i am having good singal on 438 (Phone plan) number at my home. on my other number 514 (phone plan) , i am having good singal at the same place (My Home).

BTW i am Electronics Engineer, i play with signals every sec daily. so please don't make any excuse that its signal problem.

I think i answered your all question. i know in the end , there is NO SOLUTION.

waiting for your reply

Hello again,

Thanks for the clarifying!

@avigajja wrote:...It's seems you didn't understand and never checked with your customert service depatment. ...

Yes, I was having a difficult time understanding your situation without additional information. I don't actually work for Fido so I'm not privy to any conversations you may have had with customer service. All the information we have is what you provided above.

Since both of your phones were purchased from Fido, they would both have all of the compatible bands/frequencies.

@avigajja wrote:... It's happen only with 514 (phone plan) number. with rest of the call from other persons its working fine with 438 (Phone plan) number. ...

Have you verified that the 514 phone number hasn't inadvertently been blocked on your 438 phone or perhaps on that account? That's the only reason I can think as to why a specific number goes to voicemail.

Do you use Whatsapp for any other contacts? Is it possible that Whatsapp on your 438 phone is blocking regular calls from your 514 number?

Can other people receive calls from your 514 phone number?

@avigajja wrote:

I am getting weak singal on 438 number at my home, if signal is low on phone (A) how could i get strong singal on data (B). Both is capable of LTE. Signal is not change whether i use phone plan (A) or Data Plan (B). in both the case signal is always weak....

It's not uncommon for different devices to have differences in cellular reception. For example, a professor at Denmark's Aalborg University tested the performance of various mobile phone antennae (see here). I'm not sure how much we can extrapolate from his data because Fido/Rogers uses mostly different bands/frequencies. However, it does illustrate possible differences. Are you able to determine to which network your devices are connected? Have you tried to disable LTE?

**edit** It's still possible that the 2G or '3G' signal is not adequate enough for your 438 phone to receive the call. With the exception of voLTE (or Wifi-calling) voice calls use the 2G or '3G' networks. However, making or receiving calls using Whatsapp could use LTE which might have better signal in your area.**

@avigajja wrote:
... if my location is not adequately covered by fido network, then how come since november to July i am having good singal on 438 (Phone plan) number at my home. on my other number 514 (phone plan) , i am having good singal at the same place (My Home)...

As an electronics engineer, I'm sure you're aware of signal decay and what can interfere with signals. For those who might not be aware, I'll reiterate: Many factors can affect those signals from reaching the phones-- including proximity to cellular towers and interference caused by obstructions between the cellular and the device (see here). Since you noticed a decrease in signal recently, it's possible that there has been increased interference (ie possibly new building construction) between the cellular tower(s) and your location.

You're right though, signal issues do not account for why your 438 phone is specifically blocking your 514 number. It's so specific that it's unlikely a network issue. The only possibilities I can think of are with settings on the phone itself, Whatsapp or the account.

Thanks again for providing the additional information.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

avigajja

Yes, I was having a difficult time understanding your situation without additional information. I don't actually work for Fido so I'm not privy to any conversations you may have had with customer service. All the information we have is what you provided above.

Sorry about that, i thought you worked for FIDO.

Have you verified that the 514 phone number hasn't inadvertently been blocked on your 438 phone or perhaps on that account? That's the only reason I can think as to why a specific number goes to voicemail

No, i checked on both phone, it's was not blocked. i already checked plenty of times. Even i i did factory reset on both phone.

Do you use Whatsapp for any other contacts? Is it possible that Whatsapp on your 438 phone is blocking regular calls from your 514 number? 

No, i checked Whatapp also, its not blocking my call from 514.

Can other people receive calls from your 514 phone number?

Yes, everybody .

Are you able to determine to which network your devices are connected? Have you tried to disable LTE?

Yes, i disbaled it but no solution.

Even fido did signal reset on both devies many many times. Even network engineers they checked the lines, but NO RESULT so far.

Thank you very much for your response.

I know FIDO PEOPLE THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT CUSTOMER'S. THEY NEED ONLY AND ONLY MONEEEEEY.

IT'S A PHATHETIC & HIGHLY UNPROFFESIONAL COMPANY. IN FUTURE I WILL NEVER RECOMMANDED TO ANY ONE. UNFORTUNATELY I HAVE CONTRACT WITH THEM , OTHERWISE I WILL CUT MY BOTH L;INES.

EVERYBODY PLEASE BEWARE OF FIDO.....

Hey @avigajja

We definitely care about our customers, sad to hear you feel this way Sad

I'm sending you a PM to make sure everything on the account is set up properly. 

avigajja

No your company doesn't care about their Customers. 

SINCE FRIDAY I RECEIVED ALMOST 10 CALLS FOR PAYMENT. BUT NOT A SINGLE CALL FOR MY PROBELM. AND YOU ARE SAYING, YOUR COMPANY CARE ABOUT CUSTOMERS.

I THINK NOW YOU HAVE THE PROOF ALSO. 

I know what going to be happen in the end, i have to pay just beacuse i need servies, and you guys keep asking me thousnads of thousnads of questions for the same thing. 

AND THEN I HAVE TO SUFFER.........

Hey @avigajja

Your payments and the calling issue you're facing are 2 different things. Our credit operations team have a job to do and so do we Smiley We're here for you and we'd really appreciate if you'd give us the chance and the time we need to check this out for you. 

We're on your side here and want nothing more than for this to be fixed. 

We appreciate your patience and understanding. 

avigajja

I know Payment and calling is two differnt issue. That's mean the Payment team doing there job perfectly. But what about the calling, i am facing this problem from almost a year now.

I spoke to you guys thousands of times, but where is the result.

You guys took more advantages for my patiences. If any emergency occur, your company is taking responsibilities for that?

We're definitely doing our best to help Smiley

Reply to our PM when you can and we'll keep going over there.

avigajja

Hello

SInce last week no reply from your side. I know you guys don't have any solution.

On Saturday when i spoke to your company call centre service, they told me , i have to change my device, Why, your company didn't told since the begning that i might have FAULTY CELL PHONE.  He told me, for that i have to contact the PHONE MANUFACTURING COMPANY. Why should i contact the manufacturing comapny, i have the contract with  FIDO not  with Phone Manufacturing company.

The best part is this, i already finished 1 year contract on 438 , i am not eligible to send my phone for repair also.

The Rep told me that change you device, i am OK with that , but why should i pay the remaining amount on 438, Its your company fault not My fault. Fido gave me Faulty device. 

Hey @avigajja!

I can understand that this is frustrating. 

From what I can see, you never replied to us last time and decided to reach out through another channel.

If you'd like us to look into this here, please reply to our messages. We'd also appreciate you contacting us in regards to this issue through one channel to avoid any confusion and having to repeat yourself. It just ends up making this even more frustrating for you Sad 

We've replied to your PM. 

avigajja

First of all you said i went to different channel.Please explain me about below 

After my 1st post Ranya replied to  me. I replied back . But no reply fom her. She replied after alomst 4weeks later.

Then Alyson replied me , i replied him back, But no reply from him also. he replied after almost 4weeks later.

Last week You (Samantha) reply me after that no response. Then again Alyson replied now again today you replied.

COULD YOU PLEASE TELL  ME WHAT IS PROPER CHANNNEL. I ALWAYS REPLIED TO YOUR E-MAILS.

Hey @avigajja

Since you started discussing it here with us, it would be best to continue here with us. 

Not sure what happened, but we didn't receive a lot of your replies. 

I'll be replying to your PM shortly. 

FidoRanya
Former Moderator

Hey @avigajja

Thanks so much for reaching out about this! I understand your frustration!

Can you tell me a little more about the issue you are having with your second number? Don't worry we are here to help!

What happens exactly when you are trying to call it? 

avigajja

Thanks Ranya

You are not able to understand my frustration. its being an year now i am facing this problem. for your concern i will explain you again about the problem

Whenever i call on my second number, its goes in voice mail. i tried all thing that told to me by your representative, so please don't say, swap number or factory reset or any thing else.

No from last 2 months i am getting very weak signal on my second nummber, i did complain about that too but guess what.... SAME RESULT...

I think, no i am 100% sure you guys don't care about the services, you guys care about your MONEY and only MONEY....MONEY...

If you have 100% solution, then only reply me .....don't watse my time....

and i will make sure i will keep posted VERY GOOD FEEDBACK on your company website. 

We definitely care about you and we're here to help! 

Can you tell us if the other number is able to call you or does the same thing happen?

Do you have the issue with any other number or only this one?

Did the person check in his/her settings to make sure that there is no option to send your calls to voicemail that was accidentelly turned on?

I get that it's frustrating and we're asking lots of questions to make sure we find where the issue is in order to fix it.

I can send you a private message to look into the account if you'd like.

Let me know!

avigajja

From 438 phone plan i can receive call on 514 phone plan. but when i try to call from 514 (Phone Plan) to 438 (Phone plan), call always go in voice mail. It's happen only with 514 (phone plan) number. with rest of the call from other persons its working fine with 438 (Phone plan) number.