No upgrade new sim card option in MyAccount

SOLVED
david89058
I'm a Participant Level 1

Hi,

I just lost my phone and my friend help me to bought a new sim card.

There is no option for upgrade new sim card in my account but my girlfriend's account has this option.

WHY??   Anyone can help please?

Accepted Solution

Re: NO upgrade new sim card option in my FIDO account!

Solved by MVP MVP

Hello @david89058,

Welcome to the community!

Do you have a prepaid account? If you do then a Fido representative will have to do it for you.

If you have a postpaid account you need to make sure you are logged in as the account owner and not an authorise user.

View solution in context
4 REPLIES 4
KAPABLE-K
MVP

Hello @david89058,

Welcome to the community!

Do you have a prepaid account? If you do then a Fido representative will have to do it for you.

If you have a postpaid account you need to make sure you are logged in as the account owner and not an authorise user.

Hi @david89058

Thanks for reaching out our Community!

Sorry to read about your lost phone Sad Having been there myself, I know how Not Fun that is. @KAPABLE-K's correct there, where if you have a Prepaid account, a customer service rep can help you activate your new SIM card.

On point as well for Postpaid/Monthly accounts: only the account holder has this option when logging in online. Once logged in, click on Services - Mobile - "Update SIM Card" button in the top menu, on the right of "Change My Number". 

Thanks for keeping us posted Smiley

Rfauteux
I'm a Participant Level 1

I am sort of having the same issue, i've had a lost phone recieved my new phone and sim card via mail. I can however choose to update the sim but it was the old sim number and i dont have access to that. Is there anyway to do it without having to call fido?

Hey @Rfauteux

Welcome to the Community!

I will send you a PM to help with this.