No texting no internet

No texting no internet

No texting no internet

Kelshih
I'm a Participant Level 2

No texting no internet

Since I switched over with the 10G plan, I’ve been without text messaging and internet.  Couldn’t reach anyone at fido customer service. Retail store told me to wait a few more days.  Can anyone help?

9 REPLIES 9
patrickbpenguin
I'm a Participant Level 3

After 4 days of trying to get through, I finally did and the issue has now been resolved.  The problem? The guy who switched my plan forgot to activate the data.  Sigh.

drzhivago73

I have the same issue after porting my number from Rogers.  I can’t reach anyone that can help.  Clearly it’s not a phone issue since another Fido SIM works and has SMS and Data.   Got cut off after being on hold for 2 hours..argh!  Going to try again early morning

Hi @drzhivago73 & welcome to the Community!

Were you finally able to reach someone? Let me know. Smiley

drzhivago73

Yes and no.  I tried again this monring and was transferred to a tech that said this was due to a porting issue that the system is backlogged and that someone would call me back.  No call yet.  I can't understand how you can switch providers and be without data and texting for so long because of a system slowness.  Still waiting

We're very sorry for the inconvenience @drzhivago73

Let us know if you still need help with that. I'd be happy to send you a PM and take a look at the status for you. 

Hey @patrickbpenguin, sorry for the error, but I'm happy it's resolved now Smiley

@Kelshih is your texting and data back? Let us know!

Kelshih

Unfortunately no.  Dealer insisted they didnt do anything wrong and that it should be an Apple software issue.  I will try to get tech support from Apple and see if it will fix my problems.  Thanks.

Kelshih

I should add that I’ve gone though all the steps of trying to fix this with restarting my iPhone and resetting my network settings.

patrickbpenguin
I'm a Participant Level 3

Same situation here - calls and SMS texts are fine. Anything to do with data - no go, as it thinks I have no data plan. Did LiveChat with someone yesterday and went through all the standard troubleshooting - they say the only solution is to call and get Networking involved. I'm dreading the hold time...