No signal, no service, over-billing

tschepens
I'm a Contributor Level 2

This happens constantly& repeatedly. Although I have sent in reports thru the Network Status Section, as well as calling to report the issue, it is worse than ever and more sustained in duration.
The only reliable Fido action is the gross over-charging on my monthly billing since I locked into a 2 year contract!
What will it take to get Fido to act to correct this incredible breach of its contract & duty?

25 REPLIES 25
tschepens

Ok I 'll try to find that page again. I just filled out the page you sent earlier & returned it to The Social Media Support Team, as it said...

There's no need to look for it again Smiley

I already replied to your message and we'll help you in PM.

tschepens

I can't even find the first PM you sent - it doesn't appear in top right corner...this site is convoluted & confusing !

I just replied to your PM, we'll continue the conversation over there Smiley

tschepens

Ok...
tschepens

Okay, good luck!
tschepens

I did reply - twice.
Thanks for trying...

I haven't received any private message. I'll go ahead and send you another one Smiley

tschepens

...and it doesn't give me much confidence you're going to do anything that really fixes the 2 issues of service & over-billing...despite your good intentions.

You won't know unless you give me a chance Smiley

I'll definitely do my best to go over everything!

If you can reply to my private message when you are ready, we'll get right on it!

tschepens

Thanks for your patient reply - it never occurred to me you might be trying to troubleshoot an account without having access to it first...
tschepens

Thanks.

You can access your private message from any page of the community as long as you are logged in.

It is on the top right corner of the page, next to your name.

I'll be waiting on your answer Smiley

tschepens

What on earth is a PM? And where was it sent/located?
It says I'm now A Whiz, so I should be able to find it, but I haven't got all day to deal with this (again)!
tschepens

Thanks. Reception variables you mentioned are obvious.
My location? The address is on my account! Then try Fido's coverage map to see I'm in a 4G/LTE area (why do I have to tell you this?)
My device? Again, on my account! You could easily have checked that too!
And what does my plan cover/not cover? Seriously? You can't tell?
And EXT coverage helped previously (somewhat) because this is only a major problem at my residential location, for some inexplicable reason.

@tschepens wrote:
Thanks. Reception variables you mentioned are obvious.
My location? The address is on my account! Then try Fido's coverage map to see I'm in a 4G/LTE area (why do I have to tell you this?)
My device? Again, on my account! You could easily have checked that too!
And what does my plan cover/not cover? Seriously? You can't tell?
And EXT coverage helped previously (somewhat) because this is only a major problem at my residential location, for some inexplicable reason.

Hello again,

Well, I don't actually work for Fido so I don't have access to your account information. I'm just some guy trying to help...

Fido's coverage map isn't that accurate.

'The map is a general representation of wireless coverage where indicated. The areas shown are approximate. Actual coverage area may vary from map graphics.'

Cheers

It's important to note that other Community users do not have access to those information. Smiley

Doesn't mean that they aren't trying to help!

When it comes to us, we won't have access to your account information unless you reply to the private message I sent you earlier.

We'll be more than happy to help! Simply reply to your PM when you're ready.

tschepens

Cannot locate status reports - this is an incredible waste of time! The signal usually is intermittent & varies, as I have reported to Fido innumerable times! Why insult my intelligence like I'm new to cellular phone reception issues? This is ongoing and intolerable - and it was never like this when I was on pre-paid - until Nov.21 when I (foolishly) locked into a 2 yr. contract. And I'm completely fed up & frustrated with it -and about to seek outside help to resolve this ridiculous situation.
Thanks

No one is trying to insult you and I'm sorry if you feel this way. 

Cawtau provided you with very accurate information Smiley

I sent you a PM earlier, feel free to reply when you want me to have a look at your account.

tschepens

Of course I checked the status of my reports . Did you?
If you had, you would have seen I was at home each time & you wouldn't waste time using a generic, standard question in your reply.
And the billing is based on Fido charging me for roaming, when I'm at home in Surrey (with NO PHONE SERVICE AT ALL!)