No ringing sound before voicemail picks up

Highlighted
I'm Helpful Level 1
I'm Helpful Level 1

No ringing sound before voicemail picks up

Hi, I'm just setting up my voicemail.  When I call to check my voicemail from a landline it doesn't ring before at all before the voicemail picks up.  That's 20 looong seconds of silence.  Is there any way to force it to ring for the caller's listening enjoyment?

I don't know if this makes any difference to whether it rings or not, but I'm currently outside of range of cell towers (and often am).  I don't want to miss calls because callers don't hear any ringing and think that their call didn't go through.

Accepted Solution

Re: No ringing sound before voicemail picks up

Hi, thanks for the response--and the welcome!  I tried calling it again after about 5 hours and it's now ringing!  Maybe it was just being weird because I had just set up my voicemail for the first time?  Anyhow, I'm glad it's working now.

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 4
Highlighted
Former Moderator FidoTerry
Former Moderator

Hey Pacifycyew,

welcome to the community. Smiley

That's odd your not getting any rings. Did you try from a different phone to see if it's the same issue or not? You should be able to hear a ring when you call your number before the voicemail picks up.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 4
I'm Helpful Level 1
I'm Helpful Level 1
Solution

Hi, thanks for the response--and the welcome!  I tried calling it again after about 5 hours and it's now ringing!  Maybe it was just being weird because I had just set up my voicemail for the first time?  Anyhow, I'm glad it's working now.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
Former Moderator FidoMaria
Former Moderator

Awesome!

If it happens again, let us know and we'll take a closer look into it. Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 4