No messages sent by Fido even after reaching 90% of Data.

SOLVED
rahulranjan1992
I'm a Participant Level 2

Hi,

I am a customer of Fido, and even after telling Fido to send me messages when I reach 90% of my data usuage, Fido is not sending me any text messages. Eventually, this means, I do not get any option to top up my data since I will never get a message from Fido regarding my data usuage. Later on, I get an extra bill rather than getting an option to top up my data. 
What kind of Service is this? 
And why is it happening ?

Accepted Solution

Re: No messages sent by Fido even after reaching 90% of Data.

Solved by Former Moderator FidoAmanda

Hey rahulranjan1992!

We do our best to make sure that these notifications are sent out at 90% and 100% of allotted data use, for all customers whose plans come with this feature, however, these notifications are not something that we can guarantee, and, at times, they may not be received. 

That said, these messages sent are on an informative basis only. Your data usage will always be billed according to your actual usage.

Your best bet is to always keep an eye on your usage using the My Account app or through My Account on Fido.ca to have an idea of where you're at. Just keep in mind that there is a delay of up to 12 hours for your data usage to update.  

It's also important to remember that Data Top-Ups can be added to your plan at any time within your cycle. There is no need to wait until you have reached 90% of your allotted usage. If you feel that you need more data to cover your use, simply text the word DATA to 222 and we'll let you know your available options. 

I hope this clarifies things!

View solution in context
3 REPLIES 3
AlexFC
I'm a Participant Level 2

Same happened to me and i realized and i was already charged $50 on extra data , i have the 10gb plan and i never ever used them all , i dont know what happened that bu fido syatem said inised 6 gb in couple of hours wheni was home under wifi anyways , it just so convenience to not advice in time sonthe customer doesnt have to incur in extra fees

Hey @AlexFC,

What phone model are you using? If you have an iPhone, have you made sure that Data Assist was OFF?

Keep in mind that different types of usage consume different amounts of data. Streaming and GPS for example can use quite a bit, so if there was heavy usage done during that time, it is possible to notice a spike in the data if the phone wasn't connected to WiFi.

I assure you though that we track your usage through the IMEI of your phone and SIM card and only usage made through our network will reflect. You can take a look at the cellular usage for each app through the Settings of your phone to get an idea which aop or function used the most data. 

If you'd like us to take a closer look into it with you, let us know and we'll send you a PM.

FidoAmanda
Former Moderator

Hey rahulranjan1992!

We do our best to make sure that these notifications are sent out at 90% and 100% of allotted data use, for all customers whose plans come with this feature, however, these notifications are not something that we can guarantee, and, at times, they may not be received. 

That said, these messages sent are on an informative basis only. Your data usage will always be billed according to your actual usage.

Your best bet is to always keep an eye on your usage using the My Account app or through My Account on Fido.ca to have an idea of where you're at. Just keep in mind that there is a delay of up to 12 hours for your data usage to update.  

It's also important to remember that Data Top-Ups can be added to your plan at any time within your cycle. There is no need to wait until you have reached 90% of your allotted usage. If you feel that you need more data to cover your use, simply text the word DATA to 222 and we'll let you know your available options. 

I hope this clarifies things!