No Windows Phone 8?? I'm leaving Fido ...

Highlighted
I'm a Contributor Level 2
I'm a Contributor Level 2

No Windows Phone 8?? I'm leaving Fido ...

This is ridiculous, I've been waiting for a Windows Phone since WP7 came out, and Fido has completely ignored the platform. I'm sick of my garbage 3GS, and i hate Android. I now have no other choice but to leave Fido. I can't believe they didn't even bother to get at least one phone. Every other carrier has a Windows Phone.

***Edited to add labels***

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 32
Highlighted
I'm Qualified Level 3
I'm Qualified Level 3

Re: No Windows Phone 8?? I'm leaving Fido ...

I am surprised by lack of Nokia phone (or Windows 8 ) phones as well. I settled for a Samsung GS3, but if Fido has a Nokia 620 I would be hard pressed to choose between the two. The Nokia has the best free offline GPS software.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 31 of 32
I'm Helpful Level 2
I'm Helpful Level 2

Re: No Windows Phone 8?? I'm leaving Fido ...

Yeah I doubt Windows Phone is happening on Fido any time soon. And when they, do they might just as well end up overcharging for it.

I would recommend checking online for offers on Windows phones.

Here are some prices I found online for brand new factory unlcoked phones. Remember manufactures sell phones unlocked in many other countries.

Nokia Lumia 620 - $250

Nokia Lumia 720 - $350

Nokia Lumia 820 - $350

Nokia Lumia 920 - $450+

The HTC and Samsung phones seem a little overpriced. Also the 720 and 920 have that cool touch screen that works with gloves on. Who can beat that Tongue

I would recommend just buying them outright. They are excellent devices and you even have the option of moving to any provider of your choice. If you call Telus/Bell and tell them to beat Fido's Smart plans, I know Bell has done that by $1 Tongue

Why buy an S4 for $450 with 2 year contract when you get a Lumia 920 for the same Tongue

Don't get ripped off  - do your research !

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 32 of 32