No Windows Phone 8?? I'm leaving Fido ...

Highlighted
I'm a Contributor Level 2

No Windows Phone 8?? I'm leaving Fido ...

This is ridiculous, I've been waiting for a Windows Phone since WP7 came out, and Fido has completely ignored the platform. I'm sick of my garbage 3GS, and i hate Android. I now have no other choice but to leave Fido. I can't believe they didn't even bother to get at least one phone. Every other carrier has a Windows Phone.

***Edited to add labels***

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 32
I'm an Expert Level 2
I'm an Expert Level 2

Re: No Windows Phone 8?? I'm leaving Fido ...

why not simply buy it unlocked and pop in your fido sim card into it? changing companies also means you will loose your voice plan with fido. i am paying $17.50 for one of my fido lines, it would be complete stupidness for me to simply go to another company cus of the phone, guess what? i would probaly pay $70 bucks a month, thats like 52.50 increase in monthly fees, you know what? in the end of a 3 year contract i can pay for 2 of your phones with all the extra money im giving my new phone company, think again before you wanna switch to another company merely because of the flashy windows 8 phone.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 32
Highlighted

It's just too expensive, I can't go out and buy a 600$ phone, so I rely on the reductions given by contracts.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 32
Highlighted
I'm an Expert Level 2
I'm an Expert Level 2

I would spend a little more time and do the math,  my friend was in a similar situation, he said "hell no im not spending $600 on a phone, guess what?  after 3 years he spent almost $1200 in excess monthly fees he could have paid for 2 of the phone he wanted.   sometimes people don't always look at the obvious, lesson learned? do the math!

my friend regrets changing companies, he will never get his bill to be $17.50 per month ever again, once you sign up for a phone dont forget theres also data contracts two, and they have huge cancellation fees.   so please re-think about your goal, is it to have a shiny new phone which they trick you to think is cheap but you end up spending tripple in your monthly fees and lock yourself into long term contracts with expensive cancellations, or to buy the phone outright and not increase your monthly payments, and cancel any time

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 32
Highlighted
I'm Helpful Level 2
I'm Helpful Level 2

No matter what you say - Fido should be able to offer at least one Windows 8 phone. There are some real great phones out there. I have been waiting for a Windows phone as well
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 32
Highlighted

Exactly!

I understand what Paolo is saying, but I dont exactly have 600$+ dollars to spend on a phone. Fido should carry at least one, it's just plain stupid.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 32
Highlighted
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Fido needs to start bringing in Windows Phones. I am sure people who are using Windows 8 would love to have a Windows Phone 8 device.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 7 of 32
Highlighted
I'm Helpful Level 2
I'm Helpful Level 2

Yeah make enough noise here in the Forums. Maybe they watch out for chatter like this.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 8 of 32
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2
I'm a Participant Level 2

don't think they actually read forums, but it's pretty lame that they have no windows 8 phones.

I'm switching as soon as my contract is up. They can keep their fido dollars they are useless anyways since they are only good for new phones. I don't need another POS new phone. It's waste of plastic and energy, can't they just offer one good phone that's not "user friendly" iphone?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 9 of 32
Highlighted

yes i've been waiting for the windows phone 8 also, and planning to leave fido also coz they don't offer any windows 8 phone...
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 10 of 32