No Voicemail Notification

I'm a Participant Level 2 anon5
I'm a Participant Level 2

No Voicemail Notification

I recently upgraded my phone to a Samsung A5, with Android 7.0. Since doing so, I get absolutely no indication of voicemail waiting for me.

My plan summary tells me I have Visual Voicemail and WhoCalled. My understanding is that Fido's Visual Voicemail no longer works with Android, even though it's still preloaded on the phone. I also understand that WhoCalled only covers calls missed when the phone was off or had no service.

I'd like to know if there is any other way of being notified of a voicemail. Not knowing there's a message waiting makes voicemail pretty useless

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 20

Re: No Voicemail Notification

Hey @Kadylak!

I just want to make sure that we're on the same page here. 

When did you switch over to Fido from Rogers?

Are you using the mini voicemail or do you have the Android Visual Voicemail?

Let us know!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 16 of 20
I'm a Participant Level 3 Kadylak
I'm a Participant Level 3

I switched to Fido from Rogers on November 24. Voicemail notification hasn't been working since then. I have mini voicemail, which is the same as I had with Rogers. I am wondering if I can be put on Android Visual Voicemail to verify that that would fix the problem on Fido, as it seems I'm not alone (including my wife with her Windows phone).

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 17 of 20

Alrighty. Thanks for clarifying!

Sadly, in that case, we will not have a way to change the way that your voicemail notifications are received. Your voicemail is actually functioning as it should. On our service, when you have the Mini Voicemail feature, the only notification system that we have is by text message. 

You can find more info about this subject on both of these threads: here and here.

Also, the Android Visual Voicemail feature is something that is long discontinued, however, if you add our $7 Value, which comes with:

- Name Display 

- Premium Voicemail-to-text

- Unlimited US & International text, picture, and video messages

- US & International Premium Calling Rate to mobile and landline phones

- 2,500 Call Forwarding Minutes

Then with the premium Voicemail-to-text you'll get the audio and a text with the transcription of your voicemail messages whenever you receive a new message.

If you'd lke to add that, let us know and we'll send you a PM so that we can get that going for you. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 18 of 20
I'm a Participant Level 3 Kadylak
I'm a Participant Level 3

Two things:

1. How do I escalate that this feature be implemented on the Fido system like nearly every other carrier, also considering I got the text message notification and the Android system notification.

2. How do I get recompensed for the hours of time wasted resetting my phone when that clearly would not have accomplished anything.

Thanks,

Dave

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 19 of 20
Moderator (inactive) FidoThomas
Moderator (inactive)

Hey @Kadylak,

We'll need to check this out with you, I'll send you a PM Smiley

Talk to you soon!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 20 of 20