No LTE sign on network bar

SOLVED
mahmudovey
I'm a Participant Level 3

I just switched to Fido from Chatr yesterday. When I enabled 4G in my Huawei p9 it never shows LTE/4G over my network bar. It always show H/H+. 

Accepted Solution

Re: No LTE sign on network bar

Solved by I'm a Participant Level 3 mahmudovey

After 4/5 days the network showed up as 4g automatically. Thanks.

View solution in context
6 REPLIES 6
FidoAmanda
Former Moderator

Hey @mahmudovey!

Let us know if you were able to get this sorted out.

We'd love to know what worked!

mahmudovey

After 4/5 days the network showed up as 4g automatically. Thanks.

That's great news! Thanks for keeping us updated, @mahmudovey! Smiley 

FidoNick

Welcome to Fido and the Community @mahmudovey!

This is very likely just an APN setting in your phone that needs to be updated Smiley If you brought this phone to Fido from another carrier, the correct settings need to be set up so that you can use LTE and also send and receive picture messages!

We have an entire article in our Library that provides the settings, check it out here.

Hope that works, let us know! Very_Happy 

mahmudovey

I already tried by changing APN settings before posting here. No luck. Same thing. 4G enabled on phone, LTE carrier aggregation on. Still commeconn to H/H+. Really disappointed.

Hello Mahmudovey,

Welcome to the community!

Just to confirm, since the phone is LTE-capable, it should be using ltemobile.apn  (I always find the wording on that page confusing)

What version of the phone do you have? Where did you purchase the phone? Some versions of the phone may not have the required compatible bands/frequencies. You can verify the compatible bands/frequencies here.

If your phone was purchased from abroad, have you tried to enable roaming data? Occasionally, phones from elsewhere might think they are roaming even though they are using a local SIM.

Have you verified whether LTE is available at your location? You can get an idea of the bands/frequencies used in your surrounding cellular towers here. Coverage is dependent on corresponding bands/frequencies on your phone and surrounding towers.

Are you able to test your SIM in a different phone? Alternatively, are you able to test a different SIM in your phone?

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers