No LTE on my Zenfone 2?

No LTE on my Zenfone 2?

No LTE on my Zenfone 2?

Clue24
I'm a Participant Level 2

No LTE on my Zenfone 2?

Here are the specs of my Zenfone 2 (4GB/64GB)

https://www.asus.com/ca-en/Phones/ZenFone_2_ZE551ML/specifications/

Why am I not getting an LTE connection when in fact it states that this phone does support LTE? Is there something that I am missing? Should I tweak something? 

Thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
FidoStephen
Community Manager

Hey Clue24 and welcome to the forums!

Have you entered the Fido APN settings in the phone?

If not, check out this page (scroll down and click "How to configure an Android device").

Let us know how it goes!

Clue24

My phone is already unlocked. And it was defaulted to Fido Internet LTE phone (ltemobile.apn) with all the settings inputed already.

Clue24

Still showing 4G on my phone. My best guess is that the frequency bands for LTE don't support my phone?

@Clue24 wrote:
Still showing 4G on my phone. My best guess is that the frequency bands for LTE don't support my phone?

Hello Clue24,

Welcome to the forums!

Can I ask where you got your phone? The specifications from the Asus website you provided suggests the phone has all of the compatible bands/frequencies for 2G, '3G', and LTE. However, there appears to be different versions of the Zenfone 2. Strangely, they all seem to have the same version number. Of note, from the specifications listed on GSMArena, the version from China & India does not have any of the compatible bands/frequencies for LTE. On the other hand, the other versions listed all have at least one compatible LTE band/frequency. It is also possible that there are other versions not listed on GSMArena.

If your phone is a version with compatible LTE bands/frequencies, where are you situated? Are you sure the area is covered with LTE?

It sounds like you do have a LTE SIM since your phone defaulted to the ltemobile.apn

Have you tried to turn roaming on? I'm not sure where the target market for that phone is originally. Some phones might think they are roaming if they are outside their target area. However, you won't be charged roaming if you're using a Fido SIM on the Fido network. You will have to remember to turn roaming off when you travel outside of Canada, though. Usually, if this was the case you wouldn't get any data. However, it is still worth a try.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers