No LTE Coverage in Chilliwack BC

Didi101
I'm a Participant Level 1

I am only getting 4g coverage, which is very slow, no matter where I go in chilliwack. Also, it cuts in and out of roaming even when I am in the middle of the city. What is going on here!?

2 REPLIES 2
FidoAmanda
Former Moderator

Hey @Didi101!

Still need help? Don't hesitate to answer Cawtau's questions so that the Community can help you figure out what's going on!

Cawtau
Senior MVP

Hello Didi101,

Welcome to the community!

What phone are you using? Is it from Fido? If it isn't from Fido, have you verified it has compatible LTE bands/frequencies? You can verify the compatibility here.

There are only a few Fido/Rogers cellular towers in the area:

Chilliwack.jpg

Taken from here.

Your reception may vary depending on your location relative to those towers (as well as other factors, including local terrain, obstructions, etc). Generally, the lower frequencies used for 2G and '3G' have greater penetrability and travel distance than the higher frequencies used on the LTE networks. The exception would be bands 12 and/or 17 (700MHz). Does your phone support those bands?

@Didi101 wrote:...it cuts in and out of roaming even when I am in the middle of the city...

What you're noticing is the phone connecting to extended coverage (Fido-EXT). Your phone is connecting to the other networks (likely Telus in this case) when it is unable to receive Fido/Rogers signal. When your phone does connect to Fido-EXT, are you able to get LTE?

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers