No Data on Fido pls HELP

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2

No Data on Fido pls HELP

Hi I Have Unlocked Rogers Torch that I am using with City Fido Prepaid and I have $25 500 MB Smartphone Data add on to my account I know this is NOT BB data plan but it worked excelent for what I need it. Web, weather, even twitter Facebook over internet, TSN app,youtube . It worked for 2weeks ( i used less yhen 100MB in 2 weeks so not a lot) and 3 days ago just quit and cant get it to connect to internet no BB Browser or Opera Browser, no apps.
It will connect to My Acount on Fido and it will connect to Fido Web site but nothing else.CSR is not helping since its NOT Fido phone and they said it is something to do with Internet settings.
APN: internet.fido.ca
Username: fido
Password: fido
If anyone can help it would be great (I dont need BBM or push email thats why Data add on was ok for me)
Is Fido Blocking Data to BB??
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 6
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Re: No Data on Fido pls HELP

Hello ml11,

No, we don't. Data on BlackBerrys passes by another server so the only thing you'd need to do is contact us in order to change your option for the exact same one but for BlackBerry phones. Once that's done, no settings will need to be modified on your handset since it will connect no problem.

Let me know if you need more details or have other questions.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 6
Highlighted

Ooooo I didn't know there is such an option as $25 add on on prepaid accont 500MB Data Option for BB there is no sign of this option nowhere on your web site,

PLS confirm that this is real

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 6
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hello ml11,

I believe FidoJenny thought that you were a monthly customer and I apologize for the confusion.

There is no such options for prepaid customers, I apologize for the inconvenience.

Please note that the only way to make it work would be to go on a monthly account with the $25 option for 500 MB for the Blackberry.

I hope that this answers your question.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 6
Highlighted

wow well I think this realy isn't the option that I like. Perhaps Fido should look at rest of the world (not to mention WIND or Mobilicity) and have this BB Data option for prepaid as well.Everywhere you go in Europe adnd Asia there is an optionBB Data for prepaid and no questions asked. I know that we are in Canada and not much of the competition and we HAVE to pay whatever Big 3 will ask. I think you as FIDO are loosing some customers lately aren't you??

But at the other end looks like all of the providers will find happy medium and we can see this right now $35 is that.

Still can't get this that there isn't BB Data 500MB add on on prepaid it SUCKS.

I know that this time I won't get an answer to this post but maybe it is not only me who is asking this question.

Ooo not to mention that around the world there is a diffrence in price (~25%) if you use UNLOCKED phone (your own) versus one from the Cell Phone Provider. Not here NOPE.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 6
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hello again, ml11,

I am sorry to learn of your dissatisfaction.

I have forwarded your suggestion for the Blackberry option to the concerned parties.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 6