Nexus

Nexus

Nexus

Kathy57
I'm a Participant Level 1

Nexus

I don't see any Nexus products offered online. Has Fido quit carrying them? If so, why?

9 REPLIES 9
geoffmcdi
I'm a Participant Level 2

For the price difference and the build quality between the 5x and 6P I can't justify getting to 5x. Come on Fido carry the 6p!
zyx
I'm Qualified Level 2
I'm Qualified Level 2

$200 is a huge increase as far as I'm concerned. I'm also not a big fan of phablets. $500 - $350 (smart plan) = $150, which would be a good price for me - especially considering I have that amount in FidoDollars! Smiley

But I have absolutely no objection to Fido carrying the 6P - as long as they also carry the 5X.

zyx
I'm Qualified Level 2
I'm Qualified Level 2

The Nexus 5 hasn't been manufactured for quite a while, so there's no way to get a new one at this point.

The Nexus 6 is a premium device with a high price tag. It appears Fido has decided to carry only Samsung devices in that price range, probably because Samsung sells the most devices. It's only a guess as I have no more insight into Fido than you do.

The Nexus 5X (?) is expected to be announced by Google today. No carrier is going to say that it's going to offer a phone before the manufacturer acknowledges the phone's existence (Google hasn't said anything about any new phone at this point). I expect this phone to be available from Fido, but from what I hear, Google's pre-orders is supposed to start only in 2 weeks, so I don't know if Fido will announce before mid-October. But this is all rumors and speculation, and could turn out to not be anywhere close to reality.

annec123
I'm a Participant Level 3

But Nexus is made by LG and Fido carries LG phones and Keeps intact with the new LG Realease, it is a chance that fido will carry the Nexus 5x or the Nexus 6. 

Hey annec123! 

We don't have any news on that but if we do, it'll be posted on Fido.ca first Smiley Keep an eye out!

zyx
I'm Qualified Level 2
I'm Qualified Level 2

So the Nexus 5X and 6P have been launched, and can be pre-ordered on Google's web site.

From what I read, it appears that Google has decided to make it available only through their web site, not through carriers.

Bummer...

geoffmcdi
I'm a Participant Level 2

Yes Google will be selling both the 5X and 6P on their store. The 6P is already up om Google for pre-order in Canada. The 5X is listed as coming soon.

But, there is a post on a Canadian tech site that says "Both Android 6.0 Marshmallow devices will be available to pre-order through the Google Store and will also be found at select Canadian carriers, including Rogers, Bell, Telus, SaskTel, Wind and Videotron. In addition, big box retailers like Best Buy will also have the phones in stock."

Rogers has come out an confirmed that you can already reserve the 6P through their online reservation system. 

zyx
I'm Qualified Level 2
I'm Qualified Level 2

Ah thanks, I didn't catch that when I searched.

I don't have great hopes of getting the 6P through Fido (because the Nexus 6 was never carried), but I'm still hoping for the 5X to show up.

I'm not willing to give them 6 months to carry it, though...

FidoMaria
Former Moderator

Hi Kathy57 & welcome to the Community!

We don't carry any Nexus phones at the moment. I suggest you keep an eye out on Fido.ca for any new phone releases. Wink

Cheers!