Nexus 6P on Fido at Best Buy

SOLVED
dragondesign
I'm a Participant Level 3

Looking at this week's BestBuy flyer and on their website they list the Nexus 6P as a device for the Fido network, but I don't see anything on the Fido website. Is this phone available to existing users for signing new contracts?

Accepted Solution

Re: Nexus 6P on Fido at Best Buy

Solved by Former Moderator FidoAmanda

Hey dragondesign!

We are offering the Nexus 6P now but it's only available at select Best Buy locations.

Hope this helps! Smiley

View solution in context
13 REPLIES 13
j7
I'm a Contributor Level 1

is there any weblink for 6p? how much is the phone?

i do not find that on bestbuy.ca

Its $99 on a Smart Plan here is the link for the grey and the gold.

j7

thanks

that's good price

i just renewed my contract to get a LG G4, Nexus 6p is definately a better choice

Well other carriers is offering it for $0 and I think it's too late to get this phone now. Google will probably release another version in September or October. Fido would have had better success and a lot more happy clients if they had release this phone when it was first launched.

dragondesign

Called Fido today to talk about upgrades and mentioned the phone.  The guy checked and they had them in the Fido distribution center (in grey only, not gold). In my case the price was more based on keeping my existing tier plan which they classified as a smart plan rather than a max plan, but looks like that's a possibility.  Now I'm not sure if I want that or the G4.

@dragondesign if you go through BesyBuy its $99 on a smartplan I spoke to someone there and he said its for smartplan but when I talk to a Fido rep she said its $70 on a max plan and $170 on a smart plan.

dragondesign

Good to know. Since I'm on a smart plan I'll try calling back to see if I can get the price dropped. They wouldn't do it when I called today because the Best Buy site didn't specify the type of plan so they assumed it was Max.

Redviggen
I'm a Participant Level 2

Wondering if it's available if I wanna use my fido dollars...

I would suggest you call your local BestBuy to check availability.

KAPABLE-K
MVP

Must be a mistake on BestBuy side.

dragondesign

That's what I thought too, but apart from the front page of the flyer both the silver and gold versions are noted in the Fido section of their site as phone options. Additionally all three of these places talk about pricing on select Tab24 plans which, as far as I'm aware, is a unique naming convention to Fido. With this many mentions on their site it can't be an unintentional mistake, though could have still been put on there through misinformation of whoever enters items on the site.

Hey dragondesign!

We are offering the Nexus 6P now but it's only available at select Best Buy locations.

Hope this helps! Smiley

What a dumb move by Fido, a lot of people wanted this phone and kept asking when is Fido bringing it and all we got was keep an eye on the website now Fido is bringing then phone but only at select BestBuy locations.

No mention of this on the Fido website that we suppose to be keeping an eye on. Fido just looking to loose customers.