Nexus 5X / Nexus 6P

Nexus 5X / Nexus 6P

Nexus 5X / Nexus 6P

Radoon
I'm a Participant Level 1

Nexus 5X / Nexus 6P

There is quite a bit of demand for the nexus 5 and 6p I'm not sure why Fido doens't have them yet. I joined Fido to be able to have the latest and greatest of premium smartphones. Please get them soon.

4 REPLIES 4
Cawtau
Senior MVP

@Radoon wrote:

There is quite a bit of demand for the nexus 5 and 6p I'm not sure why Fido doens't have them yet. I joined Fido to be able to have the latest and greatest of premium smartphones. Please get them soon.

Hello Radoon,

Welcome to the forums!

Fido isn't the mobile company to turn to for the latest and greatest phones. Fido carries what is deemed to be the most popular phones to the wider population. I have previously posted my insights in the other thread here. The apparent large demand for those phones on a forum does not necessarily translate as high demand within the general population.

Offering the latest and greatest would inevitably result in higher priced plans -- for everyone. I suspect many people gravitate towards Fido (vs Rogers) because the plans are cheaper. The only way to maintain lower cost plans is to maintain a lower overhead. That means that there will be offerings from Rogers that won't be available on Fido.

Cheers

NagoyaX
I'm a Contributor Level 1

@Cawtau Acutally thats not ture.
I find that most fido sim will work on a rogers phones. Thus they are compatiable. I beleive that they are limiting the amount of phone fido has on purpose.

Compared to Koodo or Virgin, Fido has the weakest slection on phones. (that is my personal opnion)

@NagoyaX wrote:

@Cawtau Acutally thats not ture.
I find that most fido sim will work on a rogers phones. Thus they are compatiable. I beleive that they are limiting the amount of phone fido has on purpose.

Compared to Koodo or Virgin, Fido has the weakest slection on phones. (that is my personal opnion)

Hello NagoyaX,

What's not true?

I never said that the phones were not compatible. If you read the other thread, you'll note that I said they keep a smaller product line because increasing selection necessarily increases their overhead. It's naive to think that any additional costs are not going to be shared amongst its customers.

Cheers

Cheers

zyx
I'm Qualified Level 2
I'm Qualified Level 2

Buy it straight from Google, and take a BYOD plan. You'll save in the long run.