Nexus 5X / Nexus 6P

Nexus 5X / Nexus 6P

Nexus 5X / Nexus 6P

SOLVED
tanilolli
I'm a Participant Level 3

Nexus 5X / Nexus 6P

Any word on if the Nexus 5X and 6P are going to be available on Fido?

Accepted Solution

Re: Nexus 5X / Nexus 6P

Solved by Former Moderator FidoCatherine

Hey tanilolli, 

We can't speculate on any products that aren't yet launched here.

Stay tuned on Fido.ca/phones for any updates there Smiley

View solution in context
122 REPLIES 122
rossbyrne
I'm a Participant Level 1

Also would like to know if Fido will be getting the Nexus 5X.

Even if the staff don't know the answer yet, I'd just like to show my interest here so that whoever makes the decision can see there is a demand!

LeSaint
I'm a Participant Level 2

@rossbyrne wrote:

Also would like to know if Fido will be getting the Nexus 5X.

Even if the staff don't know the answer yet, I'd just like to show my interest here so that whoever makes the decision can see there is a demand!

Same thing here

Q_Ahmad

I am still baffled by  Fido as to why they won't carry the nexus line up. Their answer is buy it from the playstore and go on a bring your device plan. That's just so lame.. I can buy an iphone unlocked from the apple store but you guys still have it available. There's still demand for the 5X and 6P.

jskevis
I'm a Contributor Level 2

The same reason the Samsung Note 4 and the LG 3 showed up at Fido a year after their release and the same reason the LG 4 showed up after 5 months
gjonovic

Will FIDO ever been getting the 6P NEXUS?

Hi @gjonovic

No one knows not even the staff or at least they can not say, if they ever get it the only way we will know is when the put it on the website so you will just have to keep checking fido.ca.

gjonovic

Thank you!

gjonovic

Thank you for your replies.  I hope they do get the Nexus 6P as my contract will be coming due soon and I really want this phone.

Aurore1

I officially give up with fido on getting the nexus 5x or nexus 6p. They are officially the only company who doesn't have any of those phones. They keep bringing in poor choices of phones, they are starting to loose customers right now if they don't change there problems. I'm starting to look at other carriers.

We don't know if we will be offering this phone @Aurore1. The Nexus series to come unlocked if you ever wish to use it under the Fido network. We will have more news on Fido.ca/phones once we do offer it. 

Hugo1

This is still useless.

zyx
I'm Qualified Level 2
I'm Qualified Level 2

What do you expect?

The moderators are in a no-win scenario.

If they stay silent, they'll be accused of ignoring their clients.

The only answer they can give is "we have no information", and they get blamed too.

They are not allowed to say either "yes" or "no" (assuming they even know the answer). But really, after all this time, I can't understand why anyone would expect the Nexus 5X and the 6P to show up at Fido.

sann_dee259

Please stop with "keep eye on fido.ca blah blah" . If you don't have anything new to say just stop. And no thanks I don't want other phones. Please don't bother replying to this one unless you have 6p. Label it "solved" now.
sann_dee259

N5 and 6p are not coming. They would have Already if they were. My comnent to fido is from star trek
"Don't test my patience You will fail".

Hey @sann_dee259,

you can always get the phone unlocked and use it with your current plan or one of our BYOP (bring your own phone) plans.

You can always keep on eye on Fido.ca to see what phone selection we have. Smiley

GAMBRINUS

Any updates on future availability of the nexus 5x or 5P? Most carriers have it available already. Any updates would be appreciated! Happy

Hey GAMBRINUS!

We don't have any update at this moment.

Keep an eye on our website, it's the place to look at for any updates on new devices!

@GAMBRINUS check the play store Google have a price drop on the 5X

Aurore1

It's possible fido will only get the nexus 6p in the future, because fido is owned by Rogers, Rogers only have the nexus 6p not the 5x.
Q_Ahmad

Will Fido get the Nexus 6P and Nexus 5X? Fido always seems to get newer phones so late or never with the exception of the iPhone and Galaxy S series.

***Edited to add labels***