Nexus 5X / Nexus 6P

Nexus 5X / Nexus 6P

Nexus 5X / Nexus 6P

SOLVED
tanilolli
I'm a Participant Level 3

Nexus 5X / Nexus 6P

Any word on if the Nexus 5X and 6P are going to be available on Fido?

Accepted Solution

Re: Nexus 5X / Nexus 6P

Solved by Former Moderator FidoCatherine

Hey tanilolli, 

We can't speculate on any products that aren't yet launched here.

Stay tuned on Fido.ca/phones for any updates there Smiley

View solution in context
122 REPLIES 122
jskevis
I'm a Contributor Level 2

Another option is switching to a carrier who does carry it and is not totally married to Apple or Samsung G series
zyx
I'm Qualified Level 2
I'm Qualified Level 2

@jskevis wrote:
Another option is switching to a carrier who does carry it and is not totally married to Apple or Samsung G series

... which is likely to cost more over 2 years thanks to the high monthly cost of the big 3.

Sure, if you want to send a signal to Fido, switching carrier is a valid move. But if your budget is more important, switching might not be your best option.

zyx
I'm Qualified Level 2
I'm Qualified Level 2

There's already a thread about those phones.

The answer to "will Fido carry this specific phone?" is always: they either don't know, or they are not allowed to say until/unless it shows up on the web site.

Regarding the Nexus: the Nexus 5 was available for preorder as soon as it came out. The Nexus 6 was never carried by Fido. My guess is that they will not carry the 5X or 6P.

So you're better off buying it straight from Google and picking a BYOD plan.

Q_Ahmad
I'm a Participant Level 2

Thanks for the reply! Though I have been a long term Fido customer, I am totally new to the Fido community so I am not really familar with the layout and what not. I just find it frustrating that Fido simply can't get all the premium phones. I mean Samsung, Apple, and Google devices are indubitably the most popular devices so why not have them all?

zyx
I'm Qualified Level 2
I'm Qualified Level 2

There is a cost associated with having all those phones in inventory. For all we know, maybe there wasn't much demand for the Nexus 5, which might be why they still had them long after production stopped.

That's just a guess, as I have absolutely no insight into the sales records of Fido.

rodrodrod
I'm a Participant Level 1

I though Fido would have the 6p by now....

My contract is ending... and I guess unfortunately I`ll have to go to another network.

I can`t believe a company like Fido wouldn`t have most top notch phones available...

so upset right now ...

zyx
I'm Qualified Level 2
I'm Qualified Level 2

@rodrodrod wrote:

I though Fido would have the 6p by now....

My contract is ending... and I guess unfortunately I`ll have to go to another network.

I can`t believe a company like Fido wouldn`t have most top notch phones available...

so upset right now ...

You don't have to, but you sure can.

In my case, I took the least expensive option: I purchased the phone from Google and took a BYOD plan with Fido.

To each his own I guess...

howardsiu
I'm Helpful Level 2

I would love to have the Nexus 6P also. I love my Nexus 5, however it is stating to act up. BYOD is fine, howerever, I will have no use for my Fido Dollars...

Hey rodrodrod welcome to the community! =D

We don't want to see you go. =(

You can always buy an unlocked phone and use it with Fido. Do you want to look at other phone options? Let me know.

carriel

These phones are already available on the market through other providers. 

What is the up date with FIDO....are you going to have them? 

I have 3 devises and my home phone with FIDO...my contract is up in February. 

I would hate to have to go to another carrier to get the 6P. 

I have been with FIDO since the days they were SPRINT. 

It would be a shame to have to leave now. 

Hey carriel,

As we mentionned before, we can't comment or speculate on a phone unless there's an official announcement done on Fido.ca

That being said, Nexus phones are unlocked upon purshase so nothing stops you from using one on our network Smiley

taha
I'm a Participant Level 1

Well, it's almost 2016. Are you getting the Nexus 6P or should I look elsewhere?
zyx
I'm Qualified Level 2
I'm Qualified Level 2

Get your 6P from Google then take a Fido BYOD plan. It's the least expensive option.

FidoRanya
Former Moderator

Hey taha,

Thanks for reaching out Smiley 

No new info on any releases just yet! Keep an eye on our page for future updates.

andyalex

I ended up purchasing my nexus 6P from the google store because after calculating how much it would cost me to switch to another carrier, I couldn't justify paying almost 2000 dollars for 2 years (phone price + plan) and it is only 32GB.  I ended up getting the 64GB version plus with my current Fido plan, it would still save almost 200-300 dollars for 2 years, probably more if I have gotten the 32GB version

jskevis

After close to 10 years with Fido, I too will be joining Majesty00, in switching providers, one who can provide the phone I want.

Hey jskevis.

Really sorry to see that you're planning to leave.

Keep in mind that you can always use an unlocked device under the Fido network.

If you need assistance with your account, don't hesitate to contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

jskevis

If I need assistance with my account I will call, I do not deal with companies on Facebook or Twitter thank you!!

Hey there!

Those are just options to contact us, you can use the one you prefer Smiley 

Just letting you know that there are new ways to contact us now!

KevenP

Coutume in french is the same that tradition in english. Sorry my bad english.
Majesty00
I'm a Contributor Level 1

That's it. I'm done. I'm switching.

Bye Fido.