cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexus 5X / Nexus 6P

tanilolli
I'm a Participant Level 3

Any word on if the Nexus 5X and 6P are going to be available on Fido?

122 REPLIES 122

LouiePapa
I'm a Participant Level 2

I'm interested in a nexus 6 

AxelLegacy
I'm a Contributor Level 2
Hey mate! If I have a 514 do you think I can keep it with wind ? I think I'm moving too ! Tired of waiting

zyx
I'm Qualified Level 2
I'm Qualified Level 2

@AxelLegacy wrote:
Hey mate! If I have a 514 do you think I can keep it with wind ? I think I'm moving too ! Tired of waiting

But on Wind's website, both Nexus are listed as "coming soon" without a price, so it looks to me like you're still going to wait.

And note that according to their web site (at least what I can find), Montréal isn't in the "unlimited coverage", so a rate of 15¢/min, 5¢/text, and 5¢/MB apply in addition to the monthly cost of the plan. Unless you take the $15 US Roaming add-on.

AxelLegacy

i live in ottawa 

Deebee37
I'm a Participant Level 1
What I don't understand is why it's so difficult to confirm whether fido is going to get the 6P one way or the other.

My contract is up in November, I'm willing to move to telus to get it. If fido would at least confirm they're working on stocking them, I'd hold off. Otherwise it just looks like they're purposely holding us in the dark.

Hey Deebee37.

We certainly don't want to see you leave Fido.

At the same time, I can't inform you on my end on a phone that's not in our selection.

As soon as we have updates, it will be available on Fido.ca. 

A97
I'm a Contributor Level 1

I hope the Nexus 5x come too. My term is already up and I can't wait to update from my old nexus 4...

tanilolli

Random ZTE phone available on launch day http://mobilesyrup.com/2015/10/27/zte-axon-specs-pricing-and-canadian-availability/

Still no word on Google's flagship phones... Come on Fido!

shumi

Fido will keep you in the dark... I have been waiting for more than a year for the HTC ONE M9, but no one would confirm anything, all those moderators do is add tags saying "stay tuned...", or try to sell you other phones... don't keep your hopes up, just move to another provider.

Proac
I'm Qualified Level 1
I'm Qualified Level 1

This really is a sad state of affairs when it comes to flagship phones that aren't branded Apple or Samsung. Rogers has decided Fido customers aren't worthy of any choices in top tier phones. OH they'll let Fido have devices like the HTC One M8 6 months after release when Rogers couldn't sell enough of them. That's my hope for the M9 as well. Rogers won't sell enough and they'll let us poor souls at Fido have access to them.  What makes me upset, is Fido carried all the Google devices ( and HTC too) right up until they got very good devices. All of a sudden, Fido customers aren't worthy of the new great phones but we were fine for the junk they peddled before. Rant over.

FidoManuel
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey Proac! 

We can't comment on a model that is not announced.  I'll pass your feedback to the team in charge of selecting the devices we offer.

Thanks for reaching out about this. 

Vasee

now can you confirm if the nexus 5x and nexus 6p will be availible

Rashiksama

Ah Fido, it was great a few years back when you actually had a fairly large selection of phones to choose from. Now it's either the newest Samsung or Apple phone or a phone from another brand that has been out for almost a year. Getting real sick and tired of the blatent disregard for your customer base and the same canned company response. Moving to Wind to get the 6P. Peace.

@Rashiksama wrote:

...Moving to Wind to get the 6P. Peace.

@AxelLegacy wrote:

Hello,

Before you do make the move to Wind, you should consider whether their service suits your needs. There are many aspects to a mobile phone company than just which phones they carry. I have written previously about some of the potential issues with making the switch so I will not rehash them here. Suffice to say that what they offer might not suit everyone. Some people will find Wind perfectly suited for them; others end up having to return to Fido or switching elsewhere.

I'm not trying to sway your decision either way. All I'm saying is make it with open eyes.

Cheers

0032fido
There is big hope that Fido will offer the nexus 6p because it recently brought the huawei y6 phone to it collection. Be patient.

ymchien80
Couldn't agree more.

andyalex

with the 6P being a premium phone, I wonder if it'll ever come out on Fido.  I was planning to get the 5X but it looks like 6P is the way to go.  C'mon Fido! Hehe

teddyisabear

the wind already said somthing about the nexus 5x and 6p while rogers alrady came out for the nexus6P, I just really wonder fido could be more entertaiment for the new phone, cause otherwise more people will shift to the other company eventhough we know fido services are better. At least give cousumer some hope such as "xxxxx is coming soon" not just for iphone.

AxelLegacy

If I don't have this phone , im moving to Telus, they will have it and are ready to transfert me ! 

I'm just waiting .... if Fido ever .... hummmm

We wouldn't want to see you go AxelLegacy Sad

As soon as we know something we'll make sure to keep everyone posted!

dtopa

Rogers already has it on preorder for $199.99