cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexus 5X / Nexus 6P

tanilolli
I'm a Participant Level 3
I'm a Participant Level 3

Any word on if the Nexus 5X and 6P are going to be available on Fido?

122 REPLIES 122

0032fido
I'm a Participant Level 2
Google launched 2 devices this year , so I think Fido will probably have one of them , but we have to wait one or 2 months.

deskrider
I'm a Participant Level 1

probably jumping ship. device availablilty at fido is terrible. 

desitracks

this is so bad... I cannot believe they are always behind on hardware or never offer it at all... very very sad customer!

gfhuh

I just received a Bell flyer in my mailbox,  showcasing their phones... 

Nexus 6p = yup

Nexus 5x = yup

Sony Xperia z5 = yup

Sony xperia z5 premium = coming soon

They have ALL the phones I would like,  time to see what their phone plans are like. 

AxelLegacy
I'm a Contributor Level 2

i going to sell my phone ( dear nexus 5) and pay my little balance of 100$ to terminate my contract ! 

Telus said yes ! same price , with the 70$ plan ! ( no problem at least i will have my Nexus 6P ) 

so sayo nara Fido ! one day if you have a good phone and i want it , i will come back ( but I will think twice before , cause I won't forget how you're making us SUFFER  ) 

Hey gfhuh and AxelLegacy!

We definitely don't want to see either of you go!

I'll send you both a PM shortly so that we can look into your options. Smiley

josephx1a

This is absurd. Tried to see if the new Nexuses were in. Nope. And probably not coming to Fido says the rep. Okay so the next closest phone I would want is the iphone 6s. Then BAM I'm hit with the news that even with my Fido dollars (170 to be precise) and a two year contract, I would still be paying somewhere between 6-7 dollars for a 64 GB iphone (because we all know the 16gb is useless) AND I would have to upgrade my plan to an $85/month 1gb plan, which is less value than my 2gb $65 plan that I have now! For some stupid reason the new iphone needs this plan the rep tells me. So ridiculous all the upsells and lack of options Fido has. My contract is expired and I am definitely shopping around providers. My commitment to Fido is not long for this world because they just keep trying to upsell me.

josephx1a

To add to my previous comment, the 6-700 dollars i would spend on a "subsidized" iphone i could buy a new Nexus 6 outright without contract. Crooks!

zyx
I'm Qualified Level 2
I'm Qualified Level 2

What's your complaint here? That you don't have enough FidoDollars? That Apple sets the iPhone price too high? How are any of those Fido's fault?

You do know that the whole point of the subsidy is to spread the cost over 2 years, right? Either you pay up front to lower your monthly bill, or you raise your monthly bill to pay less right now. No company is going to agree to a contract that would cost more than it provides.

LouiePapa

I'm interested in a nexus 6

AxelLegacy
Hummmmm ! Oboy if it's true ! Fido ain't good

tacomiller

My contract is up at the end of the month, I'm set on getting a Nexus 6P and dont want to pay full price. Hopefully Fido can get it before then otherwise I'll be switching providers

AxelLegacy

Nexus devices are out ! Now Will FIDO tell us IF THEY WILL HAVE THEM ?the 6p 128gb, Im ready to preoder mine ! so....

Tjex
I'm a Contributor Level 1
I'm a Contributor Level 1

It's not happening, they haven't had a Nexus since the N5. Other carriers already have info on the N5X and the N6P. Even WIND has info on those two phones on their website. Two options:

-By it from google/wind and use it on the Fido network

-Switch to another network.

My contract is up in a month or so, might be time to jump ship.

carriel

I agree...mine is up in February and I really want to get the 6P.  I've been with FIDO since they used to be SPRINT!  A really, really long time.  Would be a shame to have to switch to a different carrier if they don't offer the phone. 

FidoCatherine
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey tanilolli, 

We can't speculate on any products that aren't yet launched here.

Stay tuned on Fido.ca/phones for any updates there Smiley

dtopa

How about now? the 6p is already available for purchase in Canada. 
I'm really hoping to get one through Fido and given them my business

FidoAlyson
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

We haven't heard a thing yet dtopa. 

We'll make sure to update fido.ca if anything comes up! 

Smiley