Nexus 5 won't connect to wifi at work

KateO
I'm a Participant Level 1

My nexus 5 that I bought last January is not connecting to my work's wifi. It is not the network that is having the problem, it is my phone. I can connect to my wifi at home with no problems. 

When I get to work it usually remembers my login credentials. This morning it says the network is saved but it won't connect to it. I clicked the connect button in the wifi settings menu but then it says nothing. No pop-up, no note, nothing. 

I have reset my phone, forgotten the network, tried my login credentials again and still the phone will not give me a message as to why it doesn't want to connect. 

Does anyone have suggestions on how I can fix this? 

3 REPLIES 3
Cawtau
Senior MVP

@KateO wrote:

My nexus 5 that I bought last January is not connecting to my work's wifi. It is not the network that is having the problem, it is my phone. I can connect to my wifi at home with no problems. 

When I get to work it usually remembers my login credentials. This morning it says the network is saved but it won't connect to it. I clicked the connect button in the wifi settings menu but then it says nothing. No pop-up, no note, nothing. 

I have reset my phone, forgotten the network, tried my login credentials again and still the phone will not give me a message as to why it doesn't want to connect. 

Does anyone have suggestions on how I can fix this? 

Hello KateO,

Welcome to the forums!

There's a thread with a potentially similar situation (albeit with a different phone) here. While that poster has not yet found a solution, perhaps some of the suggestions provided might help your situation.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Hello,

I'm not sure if you've found a solution to your problem. However, I recently came across another suggestion which may help. In your web browser, head to 192.168.1.1, the most common default router IP address. Apparently, more often than not, you'll then be redirected to the login page.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

KAPABLE-K
MVP

If your phone connects to your home wifi then its not the phone. Your work wifi could have changed settings. Tap your work wifi name and go forget then try to connect to it again. If it does not work then you will have to contact your work administrator.