Nexus 5 hangouts can't send/receive MMS messages

SOLVED
Chris88
I'm a Participant Level 1

Hi,

My Nexus 5 can't seem to receive or send out picture texts using Hangouts. I currently have it on wifi, not sure if that is the issue? But shouldn't it switch to the mobile network if it can't find the wifi network? According to the plan I signed up for, it should be able to send multimedia MMS.

Thanks,

Chris

Accepted Solution

Re: Nexus 5 hangouts can't send/receive MMS messages

Solved by I'm Qualified Level 1

Make sure your data is turned on. MMS are not sent throu wifi.. If you don't have data in your plan or just not much, don't worry they do not use your monthly data plan, we can seperate them so if you have unlimited MMS you are fine.

View solution in context
4 REPLIES 4
kerryb322

I was able to send and receive mms messages and now I can't. Getting a bit frustrated

Hey kerryb322,

Are you able t do it using sms instead of hangout?

Let me know! Smiley

turbo86

it would seem to be an issue with hangouts in particular. I factory reset my phone, tried with my native sms app, and it worked. tried with hangouts thereafter, didn't work.

seems to be a known issue

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/hangouts/GI_GoaFWzRI

Roskov
I'm Qualified Level 1

Make sure your data is turned on. MMS are not sent throu wifi.. If you don't have data in your plan or just not much, don't worry they do not use your monthly data plan, we can seperate them so if you have unlimited MMS you are fine.