Nexus 5 dying / Missed opportunity

SOLVED
howardsiu
I'm Helpful Level 2

It seems like my Nexus 5 is dying a slow death this couple of weeks. First it started to drain power over night and I have to keep it plug in to have a full charge for the next morning. Yesterday, it seems like it won't take a charge or it takes too long to charge to full.

I wish I took those Holiday offer and get the a LG G4, I will have to pay $200 instead of $49 now. Kicking myslef in the butt right now Sad

Anyone had any problems with their Nexus 5? Does phone last only for two years now a days?

Accepted Solution

Re: Nexus 5 dying / Missed oppotunity

Solved by Former Moderator FidoTerryB

@howardsiu

If you are still under the 1 year manufacturer warranty you can always get it fixed by going to a Fido store so we can send it for repairs for you.

I'll send you a PM so we can look at the options together though. Smiley

View solution in context
8 REPLIES 8
jskevis
I'm a Contributor Level 2

Try a new charger, I did with my Nexus 5 and now charges fully, super fast and charge lasts
howardsiu
I'm Helpful Level 2

I have a few charger, you are right sme of them do charge faster. The problem is the battries drain. It doesn't make sense that the factory reset fixed the problem for about a week and it started again...

jm6262
I'm a Contributor Level 2

It was the Marshmallow update. I had a N5 and the same thing happened, battery life went to hell after updating.

KAPABLE-K
MVP

Have you tried doing a factory reset and see if it helps? I would also suggest using a diffrent charger to make sure its not the charger causing isses also.

@howardsiu

If you are still under the 1 year manufacturer warranty you can always get it fixed by going to a Fido store so we can send it for repairs for you.

I'll send you a PM so we can look at the options together though. Smiley

howardsiu
I'm Helpful Level 2

Thanks for all the help and options Fido Smiley Your service reminded me why I am still with Fido!

Hey howardsiu,

It's our pleasure Smiley If you're happy, we're happy Very_Happy

- FidoChristina

After the factory restart, seems like it is working fine. Batteries started to drain for again two days ago...anymore suggestion? I have to keep a charge at work just in case...