kelvng
I'm a Participant Level 1

Nexus 4 is locked... !?

Nexus 4 - locked according to Fido Solutions Sad

https://twitter.com/FidoSolutions

Accepted Solution

Re: Nexus 4 is locked... !?

Solved by I'm Experienced Level 3

NEXUS devices are never locked, period. Doesn't matter where you buy them. Heck, I'm using a Galaxy Nexus from Mobilicity on Fido. And as far as I know, Google won't allow carriers to lock their Nexus devices and that's why they're all unlocked.

View solution in context
8 REPLIES 8
credmau5
I'm Experienced Level 3

NEXUS devices are never locked, period. Doesn't matter where you buy them. Heck, I'm using a Galaxy Nexus from Mobilicity on Fido. And as far as I know, Google won't allow carriers to lock their Nexus devices and that's why they're all unlocked.

10yearfido
I'm an Expert Level 2

@justin_Credible wrote:

Not entirely true. Earlier Nexus models were locked by some carriers in the UK. But in Canada, true, no Nexus has ever been sold locked by any carrier.

Hi everyone,

I wish to clarify something. All phones sold by Fido are locked with the exception of Nexus phones. 

FidoJudhy
Former Moderator

Hey kelvng!

Indeed, all Fido phones are locked to Fido.

10yearfido
I'm an Expert Level 2

@FidoJudhy wrote:
Hey kelvng!

Wait, what? The GN and NS were not locked to Fido, why would the N4 be any different?:manwink:

crimsona
I'm a Participant Level 1

Don't believe Fido reps. They also said the Fido Nexus S and Fido Galaxy Nexus phones were locked. They weren't.

comm
I'm a Contributor Level 1

this is not true... Galaxy Nexus is not locked to Fido....

@FidoJudhy wrote:
Hey kelvng!

PDW
I'm Helpful Level 1
I'm Helpful Level 1

Thats too funny...

Its $425 with no contract LOCKED to Fido,

or $360 unlocked straight from Google...

Whats the deal ?