New plans = no more Fido Dollars?

Highlighted
I'm a Contributor Level 2
I'm a Contributor Level 2

New plans = no more Fido Dollars?

Hi,

It looks like none of your new plans earn Fido Dollars.  Does this mean any new customer, or anyone moving to a new plan will no longer earn Fido Dollars? Are you phasing them out?

Or, have a missed the plan options that do earn Fido Dollars?

Thank you.

Accepted Solution

Re: New plans = no more Fido Dollars?

@ccurran wrote:

Hi,

It looks like none of your new plans earn Fido Dollars.  Does this mean any new customer, or anyone moving to a new plan will no longer earn Fido Dollars? Are you phasing them out?

Thank you.

Hi Ccuran, 

new plans come with Spotify premium free for 2 years and Daily Vice exlusive content as well, but they do not get Fido Dollars. Existing customers can keep accumulating Fido dollars as long as they keep their existing plans. Note that even if you stop accumulating fido dollars, you keep them on your account until they are used. 

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 6
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator
Solution

@ccurran wrote:

Hi,

Thank you.

Hi Ccuran, 

new plans come with Spotify premium free for 2 years and Daily Vice exlusive content as well, but they do not get Fido Dollars. Existing customers can keep accumulating Fido dollars as long as they keep their existing plans. Note that even if you stop accumulating fido dollars, you keep them on your account until they are used. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 6
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1
I'm a Participant Level 1

If i don't get spotify premium with new plan, can i still get fido dollars?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 6
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey wnsgud1011!

It's not possible to earn FidoDOLLARS if you are a new customer. That option has been phased out for new customers. Only existing customer that don't change their plan have access to earn FidoDOLLARS. 

Instead we are offering Spotify Premium for free (240$ value) and access to the Daily Vice application. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 6
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2
I'm a Participant Level 2

No Fido Dollars for me means that this is the last iPhone I'll upgrade via Fido. Vice News (lame) and Spotify Premium (Apple Music is better) are poor replacements. I saved over $80 on my new iPhone 6s with Fido Dollars. But in two years I'll have zero Fido Dollars in exchange for access to two services I neither want nor use. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 6
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 3
I'm a Participant Level 3

True! We as family use apple music... But will try my free spotify later on. I will not upgrade my old plan so that i can accumulate more fido dollars 😂
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 6