New phone

New phone

New phone

SOLVED
Omar96
I'm a Participant Level 1

New phone

Im with Fido since 2014, on a monthly plan, I brought my own phone, now I want to get a new phone and possibly change the plan. If I do it through my account, there are 2 options, first is upgrade my phone, scond is add a new phone, which one I should use ? Also for add a new phone, it say it can't be done on line. Can you advise how or what I should do. Also I use to have 10% discount every month, will that change if I change my plan to a higher one? 

Thanks

Accepted Solution

Re: New phone

Solved by Senior MVP Senior MVP

@Omar96 wrote:

Im with Fido since 2014, on a monthly plan, I brought my own phone, now I want to get a new phone and possibly change the plan. If I do it through my account, there are 2 options, first is upgrade my phone, scond is add a new phone, which one I should use ? Also for add a new phone, it say it can't be done on line. Can you advise how or what I should do. Also I use to have 10% discount every month, will that change if I change my plan to a higher one? 

Thanks

Hello Omar96,

Welcome to the community!

If you would like to change your phone, then you would choose the upgrade your phone option. On the other hand, if you would like to add an additional line, then you would choose the add a new phone option. 

You should note that if you upgrade your phone, there is a $25 hardware upgrade administrative fee. 

Whether you are able to retain any discounts would depend on why you received the discounts in the first place. Is your discount because you had your own phone (ie BYOP)? Are you considering buying your new phone outright or having it subsidised? Your best option is to send a moderator a PM or contact Fido via Twitter/Facebook or contact customer service. They'll be able to access your account information and provide suitable options for your situation.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

View solution in context
2 REPLIES 2
Cawtau
Senior MVP

@Omar96 wrote:

Thanks

Hello Omar96,

Welcome to the community!

If you would like to change your phone, then you would choose the upgrade your phone option. On the other hand, if you would like to add an additional line, then you would choose the add a new phone option. 

You should note that if you upgrade your phone, there is a $25 hardware upgrade administrative fee. 

Whether you are able to retain any discounts would depend on why you received the discounts in the first place. Is your discount because you had your own phone (ie BYOP)? Are you considering buying your new phone outright or having it subsidised? Your best option is to send a moderator a PM or contact Fido via Twitter/Facebook or contact customer service. They'll be able to access your account information and provide suitable options for your situation.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

KAPABLE-K
MVP

@Omar96 Usually when doing a plan change all discounts gets removed. If your 10% discount was a promotion then you will lose it but if it is the 10% second line discount you would be able to keep it if you switch to any current in market plan.

If you want to make the switch and get the new phone I suggest you call customer service and talk to them alot of times they can even offer you additional deals like extra credits and stuff.