New phone, Same plan (renewal)

SOLVED
at826
I'm a Participant Level 1

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me.

I am currently on a non-contract monthly plan ($39 smart plan). I am interested in getting a new phone. 

Can I get a new phone by renewing the current plan I am on? Or do i have to sign up with one of the more expensive monthly plans that are offered now? 

Thanks!

Accepted Solution

Re: New phone, Same plan (renewal)

Solved by I'm Helpful Level 1

You can get yourself into a new phone without changing your current plan.  Your choices of phones will depend on what is available for smart plans, which i think is the lot of them. I know you wont be able to upgrade to an iPhone on the plan you are on, but other android based smartphones should be available. And you will have to sign another 2 year term.... but same plan

View solution in context
4 REPLIES 4
MunkroX
I'm Helpful Level 1

OH now i see fido offers iPhone 5c on smart plans for $450 dollars down. 5s Still not available on the smart plan

FidoAmandaH
Former Moderator

Hi at826,

We have recently launched new options for the iPhones for existing customers! Please give us a call or chat with us to get more details Smiley  You may contact our customer service by dialing 611 from your Fido handset or by calling 1-888-481-3436 9am-5pm Eastern Time.

Click on the thumbs up image description of the photo to like a post or a fellow member of the community.

And don't forget to click Accept as Solution in the options drop-down menu once you've received the answer you were looking for; it'll help our community grow stronger.

MunkroX
I'm Helpful Level 1

You can get yourself into a new phone without changing your current plan.  Your choices of phones will depend on what is available for smart plans, which i think is the lot of them. I know you wont be able to upgrade to an iPhone on the plan you are on, but other android based smartphones should be available. And you will have to sign another 2 year term.... but same plan

beararms
I'm Helpful Level 2

Hey, I think if you called a rep and are renewing, sometimes you can get a credit applied to your account when you've been a loyal customer. That being said, you might have to be on a contract for a subsidized phone. I would do your research about your own uses/needs as well as your budget. Find a fido plan that matches that or ask what they can offer you. It also helps to know what competitors are offering, and see if fido can at least match or beat it. If they can't then ...go to that carrier! It's a good time to shop around for plans this time of year. Good luck!