New iPad flex data plan/ iPhone with data only

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1 alishan92
I'm a Participant Level 1

New iPad flex data plan/ iPhone with data only

Hi

I have an iPhone 4 with no contract on Fido with a voice plan. I would like to cancel my voice plan as I no longer need it and activate an iPad data plan instead, to make my phone data only.

Will the iPad data plan work on my iPhone?

Is tethering allowed?

I called in yesterday, got transferred to customer relations, and was told something very interesting. The rep said that if i keep the voice plan until the iPad plan is activated, I get a $100 credit instantly for adding a new line. The rep recommended cancelling my voice plan after that. he also said that after 90 days, I will get an additional $40 credit, even if I cancel the voice plan.

Can anyone confirm this promotion?

Thanks

Accepted Solution

Re: New iPad flex data plan/ iPhone with data only

Hello,

This post is a couple of years old but i think its worth clarifying a few things...

If you do not have an agreement on your line you can most deffinately switch your plan to a data only plan.  This is a simple plan change.  It will be fully compatible with your iphone, however, since you do not have voice calls covered you are subject to pay-per-use charges if you were to accept or make a call, 1$/minute + applicable LD 0.45$.  The same goes for text messaging and multimedia messaging. You could get around this by using only imessage which you can program your Iphone (at least with OS 8.1.2) by dissabling sms as far as I can tell.

Hope this helps! 

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 3
I'm Qualified Level 1
I'm Qualified Level 1

HI,

Fido's ipad plans will only work with ipads as the network will check imei of the device.  If the device is not eligible for ipad data option, you will be charged for all internet usage.

As for customer relations offer...I have never spoken to a representative in their dept.  Thus I can not confirm.  A promotion today maybe different than apromotion next week.  keep that in mind !

Good luck Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 3
Fido Employee Kayla_Fido
Fido Employee
Solution

Hello,

This post is a couple of years old but i think its worth clarifying a few things...

If you do not have an agreement on your line you can most deffinately switch your plan to a data only plan.  This is a simple plan change.  It will be fully compatible with your iphone, however, since you do not have voice calls covered you are subject to pay-per-use charges if you were to accept or make a call, 1$/minute + applicable LD 0.45$.  The same goes for text messaging and multimedia messaging. You could get around this by using only imessage which you can program your Iphone (at least with OS 8.1.2) by dissabling sms as far as I can tell.

Hope this helps! 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 3